We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina grocery stores

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Marina grocery stores

We are going on a week long cruise on a sailboat from Marina, Croatia. I need a list of local grocery stores. Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina grocery stores

Marina isn't big, so in a circle of 5 min you'll see all grocery shops bakeries and butcher. The grocery shop has almost everything neded for 1 week trip The store is called Studenac, also close by a small farmers market. Biggets farmers market and absolutely worth visiting is in Split.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina grocery stores

Thanks a lot for your response. Have you sailed in this area? if you have I would appreciate any recommendations you have as to places to go. I am traveling with my wife and 2 daughters (ages 17 & 20).

We like to snorkel, go to isolated spots/beaches and at night like to eat at good, non-touristy restaurants. Any recommendations you care to pass on would be greatly appreciated.

PS what day of the week is the farmers market in Split?

Thanks, Pat

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina grocery stores

Sadly I'm not a sailor, but luckily it's my home region.

Farmers market is in Split & Trogir daily, also the fish market, go early!

Here is a nice place for simming and a nice reatsurant adriaticsailor.com/krknjasi_veli_drvenik/…HR

In the neighbor village to Marina, Vinisce, go to Konoba Vinisce, and yes I know the owner "babin", but maybe the best grilled fish at the Dalmatian coast https://www.facebook.com/konoba.vinisce1…

Now I don't know which direction you are going, if to the north visit National Park Krka, in Skradin try the Bibich wine also restaurant Cantinetta.

Kornati National Park, On island restuarnt Boskinac, mixed reviews, in Sibenik restaurant Pelegrini.

Primosten is lovely with a small winery, a former apartmnet http://suhapunta.hr/en and a nice farm restaurnat in the hinterland, you have to make reservation they are only open for guests, they offer pick up service by car.. I love that family http://www.baculov-dvor.com/hrv/ If go to the south, Split, retsaurant Matejuska, 2 min from the riva, island Brac, a tavern Toni in Dol, it's a walk from the harbour. In Pucisca great souvenires made out of limestone. On the other side Bol with the winery Stina, Jako Vino, sometimes open for public too. Also check here chasingthedonkey.com/sailing-croatia-choosin…

Edited: 01 June 2014, 17:27
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina grocery stores

Thank you for the time you took to provide all this information. I look forward to visiting some of these spots.

Best regards,

Pat

Reply to: Marina grocery stores
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marina
Recent Conversations