We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding accommodation near the sea for cheap break.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Finding accommodation near the sea for cheap break.

Ok, so this is the eternal question, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out.

I'm looking for affordable accommodation in a nice town not further than 30 mins outside of Zadar. I'll be meeting up with my boyfriend for only a week, so time is precious.

Can anyone recommend some nice spots on Ugljan or other islands, or other towns along the coast?

We will be there in early/mid July and I know that is the high season, but we'd like somewhere that we could find some secluded coves or sandy beaches, which we managed to do last year on Brac.

Brac and Hvar are too far as I'm landing in Zadar. We're looking at spending €10-15 each if possible on accommodation.

Does anyone have experience just turning up and finding accommodation rather than booking ahead? My flight lands mid afternoon, so we might have some time to find something.

Thanks in advance.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,112 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding accommodation near the sea for cheap break.

You would get something but it might be rubbish or it might be very expensive. I would never go without booking in July particularly as you have requirements - if you didn't care where you were or what you paid it would be OK.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding accommodation near the sea for cheap break.

Try to pre-book in Zaton

http://zaton.hr/

You have so many options there...

3. Re: Finding accommodation near the sea for cheap break.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2012, 16:17
4. Re: Finding accommodation near the sea for cheap break.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Zadar County
Recent Conversations