We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dugi Otok Transport

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dugi Otok Transport

I am staying in Sali on Dugi Otok around the middle of June for 7 nights and was wondering if anyone how easy it was to get around the island by bus? Ive seen the timetable and the bus from Sali only seems to reach Luka and then head back.

I read somewhere about a once a week bus from Veli Rat to Sali. Does anyone know days/times of this?

Failing the buses I was looking to rent a car/scooter in Sali but I have only had one quote so far at a crazy 50 euros a day. Does anyone know if you can get cheaper? I understand it is a small place so not expecting a great deal of options!

Thanks

Jamie

Rijeka
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dugi Otok Transport

See if you can get reasonable scooter quote from Zadar as I'm sure 50eur a day would cover for compact car & petrol.Public transport on most of the islands is always iffy deal.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dugi Otok Transport

Unfortunately, the bus on our island is unreliable. There are no rent-a-cars on the island either. I agree with the poster above, your best bet is to get a quote in Zadar & come on the car ferry. If you decide to rent a car or scooter, just note that we only have one gas station on the island and that is in Zaglav.

Muelheim an der...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Dugi Otok Transport

I ve planned my honeymoon in Bozava. we arrive at Zadar. I could find a ferry to Bribnj. Is it easy to get from there to Bozava? Are there no means of transport inside the island? We arrive on the 20th Sep 2013.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dugi Otok Transport

There are a few buses between Bribnj. www.liburnija-zadar.hr/linije.php…

Better, if possible, to get the catamaran from Zadar to Bozava. It leaves at 4.30pm on Fridays.

Dusseldorf, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Dugi Otok Transport

Thanks ! After reading quite some posts, I think I would definitely catch the 4.30 Catamaran! Is pre booking necessary? or just purchase tickets at the counter and sail?

Sali, Croatia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dugi Otok Transport

Hello! I would like to post some useful information about transport on Dugi otok. As mentioned, there is no public bus transport. To be exact there is only partially bus transport but only at the time of the ferry/boats which sometimes is not very handy.

Instead, you can rent a scooter in Sali or Bozava, order a taxi or to take rent-a-car. There is a local company on the island providing taxi and rent-a-car service. More info about all tourist services on Dugi otok you can find here: www.adamo.hr.

Edited: 28 October 2013, 12:50
7. Re: Dugi Otok Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Dugi Island
More Dugi Island Topics