We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takeaways

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Takeaways

Hi, we are renting a private villa in olhos and will be arriving late at night around 11:30. We were wondering if there are any places we can get take outs from as we will be hungry by then and although we have asked for a welcome pack it doesn't contain anything really substantial and we wouldn't want to be cooking at that time of night after travelling most of the day, we will also have children with us so stopping off at restaurants probably wouldn't be ideal on the way from the airport as they more than likely will be shattered and bound to have a meltdown!! Any info would be greatly appreciated :-)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,416 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Takeaways

Sorry but you would be very lucky to find anywhere still open for food around 1130 at night except for McDonalds etc - and that is 4 miles away.

I hope someone who knows Olhos D'Agua better than I can come along with something positive but I recommend you anticipate appropriately.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Takeaways

When are you travelling - if in a month or 2 all bars will be open til 2 and could maybe do a snack but maybe someone who knows Olhos would know the name of a place and maybe you could contact them direct

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Takeaways

I dont think you will find anywhere in Olhos that late the only place I can think of might be the Piza place on Rua 25th Abril opposite the large car park but even then Im not sure it will be open

Dublin
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Takeaways

If you do not find anywhere closer, try the Lord Nelson Bar, near the Bull Ring in Albufeira, about 2 miles away. I have seen people get dishes to take out when on the premises, even late at night such as the hour of 11.30pm that you mention. Claudia is great like that.

If you give them a ring when you arirve in Faro (Telefone: 289 588 965) they may be able to have the food ready for you and also give you specific direction.,

Dublin
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Takeaways

Also I think the Pitza place attached to the Corovada complex, by the Globe roundabout in Albufeira, do deliveries, but I do not have their No. Perhaps someone else will come along with the No.for you.

wirral
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Takeaways

you may just be lucky with the pizza place sunndays mentioned....

we have just returned from olhos.... great little place with yummy food and some great offers... we had a few daytime take-aways.....

also noticed it was open late!!

Edited: 20 April 2012, 17:17
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Takeaways

Thank you for all your replies. I have not been to Portugal since I was a child, is there anywhere in the airport that we would be able to grab a few sandwiches and snacks before we go to the hire car place and make our onward journey? We are travelling at the end of may so maybe the men in our party can go on the hunt for food in the town whilst we sort the kids out at the villa :-) really looking forward to it now :-)

ireland
Level Contributor
356 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Takeaways

will be making our 4th trip to olhas in June, that time of night you could get a take away from the chinese chefs peking they are open late. also acqua down in the harbour would still be serving food up until about that time ( maybe depending on how busy it is) and although they are a restaurant would do take away pizzas and sandwichs. I think the pizza place sunndays and wendywirral mean is san martino - very good pizza's here. We are usually in such a rush to get out of the airport i havn't really noticed any eateries in arrivals - and be warned Faro airport is very expensive for food !

9. Re: Takeaways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
Recent Conversations