We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttle services

Which Olhos de Agua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Shuttle services

My OH and I are holidaying in Olhos de Agua in May and we are toying with the idea of using a shuttle service from the airport. We have had many holidays in the Algarve and have always rented a car. My only two concerns are, how long would we have to wait for shuttle bus to depart and how early do they pick you up to take you to the airport? I would be grateful if anyone has experience of using these shuttle services. I have priced up Resort Hoppa and Travel Republic so far, similar prices and Resort Hoppa give an estimated drop off time of 28 minutes.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Shuttle services

people are recommending 'yellowfish'. search on here for other posts and see to the right where there are suggestions on various holiday topics inc airport transfers. ps 28 mins is impossible! Direct drive in with no traffic is 35 to 40 minutes minimum. most direct transfers should be within the hour - its 32kms from airport to albufeira, a couple less to olhos.

Edited: 10 April 2013, 08:44
North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Shuttle services

Thanks for your reply - I will check out Yellowfish.

Sagres
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Shuttle services

go on Yellowfish

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Shuttle services

You can read in other recent posts about shuttles that people are being picked up as much as 5 hours before flight time so as to fit in with their vehicle availability, scheduling etc.

It's worth paying the extra for door to door service, in my opinion.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
121 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Shuttle services

I'm staying in Albufeira (Old Town) in June and have booked a private transfer with resorthoppa (whom i've used many times before with no problems). For a private transfer return it is costing £55.46 - tells me the estimated transfer time is 55 minutes. Not sure how this compares with picking up a taxi at the airport upon arrival, but i prefer to have the transfer booked. Would imagine it would be less to go to Olhos de Agua as it looks like it's nearer to the airport.

Edited: 10 April 2013, 12:46
Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
121 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Shuttle services

I'm staying in Albufeira (Old Town) in June and have booked a private transfer with resorthoppa (whom i've used many times before with no problems). For a private transfer return it is costin £55.46 - tells me the estimated transfer time is 55 minutes. Not sure how this compares with picking up a taxi at the airport upon arrival, but i prefer to have the transfer booked. Would imagine it would be less to go to Olhos de Agua as it looks like it's nearer to the airport.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Shuttle services

If there's no other pickups you should be at the airport in 40 minutes. That's how it usually takes my driver to get me there from Páteo. We have done it in 35 minutes.

55 minutes either erring on the side of caution or allowing time to pickup others on the way.

Edited: 10 April 2013, 13:28
North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Shuttle services

Thanks for your input, don't fancy taking the chance of being picked up 5 hours before our flight!! May look at Yellowfish more seriously as they seem offer a more personal service.

Rossendale, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Shuttle services

Hi Crowlands we are also visiting Olhos in May. We have always used Resorthoppa, but we were there last month and we had a lot of drop offs .and pick ups en route. We are seriously thinking of private transfer for this trip and have been looking at Yellow Fish, they are quoting 60 euros return which is quite a lot more, but we were picked up at 3.30 for a 7.50 flight ...ugh and to get to Olhos in 45 minutes is much more attractive Just a thought, you are not travelling on the 16th May by any chance are you a shared private transfer would be much more economical

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Shuttle services

even for 2 people 60 euros breaks down to 15 euro pp one way obviously 15 euro pp back but its not bad for a 40 minute journey imagine what uk taxi would charge , No way would I want to dropping off here and there on the way for a bit more money that probably equates to a couple of drinks and you are at resort while shared transfers are still dropping others off

Edited: 10 April 2013, 18:31
Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua
Recent Conversations