We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with location

Which Olhos de Agua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester
Level Contributor
203 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with location

We are looking into possibly vacationing in Olhos de Agua next year and have never visited this area before and would like help deciding on these two hotels RIU Palace Algrave or Porto Bay Falesia.

Are they both near the centre of Olhos de Agua? Is there anything within walking distance of these hotels as I am getting the impression that the Porto Bay is out of town.

Which to choose.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,290 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with location

They are both within 5 minutes walk of everything.

Olhos D'Agua isn't really a town, more a village that has become a suburb of Albufeira. There are a good number of cafés, bars and restaurants along the main road and also along the road that leads down the hill to the beach.

The Riu Palace is nearer the beach if that's important. The Porto Bay has a flight of about 100 steps down (and back up up of course) to the nearest bit of beach to there, or you can walk round the road and down the hill to Olhos D'Agua beach.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with location

as per Cubsurs post the 2 hotels plus Riu Clube gurana sit virtually side by side with very easy access to nice bars and restaurants in Olhos

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with location

RIU are known for their quality and the Palace looks good.

My neighbours go to both the RIU's there and love them. The Guarana is A/I.

london
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with location

If it helps, we chose the Porto Santo Falesia over the Rui and a v similar predicament also as its adults only i think and the closest to the beach ( apparently when deliberating with the Thomas Cook people) the other ones mentioned were choices we narrowed down as well. They all look great tbh .

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with location

For information Porto Bay Falesia is not Adult only and certainly welcomes children and There is no difference realy in location to beach

Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with location

Hi,

As the other responses have indicated they are side by side. We have stayed in both, they are similar in lots of ways. Both overlook the beach but have many steps (quite steep) to access the sand. They are close to the local bars and restaurants.

The Riu Palace is a newer build and has the edge, the Porto Bay has lovely gardens with seating areas overlooking Falesia beach. I would say on my stays at the hotels they are good quality and would be more than happy to return to either however given a choice I would pick the Riu Palace every time.

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with location

we are going to Pateo Village Apartments in Oct, what is there to do, and how far is the walk to the nearest beach

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with location

Pateo village is miles away from whats being discussed on this thread ,have a look at this instead

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189112-i331-k65…

england
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help with location

can anyone give me advise were to stay in portugal please want to go in sept and be central to everything has cant walk very far we like it were theres bars resuraunts etc but not all young one.any names of hotels will be appreciated thanks maria.

Chester
Level Contributor
203 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help with location

Decision is Porto Bay but on 26th September for one week. Does anyone know if the weather is OK then?

Get answers to your questions about Olhos de Agua