We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This is why Molyvos is a scenic village

Lesbos, Greece
2 posts
Save Topic
This is why Molyvos is a scenic village

Hello to all,

if you travel to Lesvos isand and you do not take at least one day to visit Molyvos, you can't really say that you have seen the island.

And the reason?

A adage says that a picture can say more than thousand words - therefore i want to show you some pictures of Molyvos attached to video.

Have a look, and realize what you will miss if you leave Lesvos without having seen Molyvos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBgiEwlLEi4

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,164 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This is why Molyvos is a scenic village

The first time I visited Lesvos was on a package holiday & I'll never forget that amazing first view of the town & the kastro as we rounded the corner from Petra. Then the lights that evening on the harbour. At 7am next morning I was on the way up to the kastro to take in the panorama before hardly any people were around. Glorious!! And I never tire of those views, even after umpteen visits.

Thanks for the reminder!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This is why Molyvos is a scenic village

We've been to Lesvos 3 times now, even though we stay in Anaxos the holiday isn't complete without a couple of evenings in Molyvos. As soon as the bus turns the corner and you see the town for the first time I agree it takes your breath away! That's every time even though I know what to expect!!

We are in Pefkos, Rhodes at the moment, we went into Lindos last night, yes it was stunning but not as breath taking as Molyvos!

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,164 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This is why Molyvos is a scenic village

I visited Lindos before I ever went to Lesvos & whilst the former was very beautiful with the white sugar cube houses tumbling down from the acropolis it is almost a bit too chocolate box pretty whereas Molyvos looks more like a living breathing town. And Molyvos is so atmospheric in the dawn light, at sunset when it really glows & of course when the lights go on & everything is reflected in the harbour.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This is why Molyvos is a scenic village

The walk up to the acropolis in Lindos certainly took my breath away!!!

I was totally bu66ered !!!

Several helpings of Mythos were needed after that ;)

5. Re: This is why Molyvos is a scenic village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2017, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Molyvos
Recent Conversations