We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

Which Alykanas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

Hi all

Just booked up to go to the Alykanas Beach Village on 1st September. We are self catering and trying to work out spending money. Just 2 of us mid 40's like a few drinks and nice local food. Any suggestions welcome. Oh and if anyone can tell me the temperatures that would be fab!!

Helen x x

Cullompton, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

I'd say for two of you to budget €100 a day and that'll be plenty.

As to next month's weather just hold on a minute while I fire up the time-machine and I'll let you know in a bit (or maybe I'll tell you yesterday) :-).

It'll be hot....maybe a little less than the high thirties of late July/August but don't bother taking your snow boots.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,241 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

Daytime temps will certainly be into the 30'sC and in the 20'sC at night although at times it can be a tad cooler and a short shower later in the month can't be ruled out, but you won't need a coat or jacket. The resort is full of lovely Taverna's and restaurants with budgets to suit all. As you come out of the main entrance and stroll up to the village centre (10mins max) you'll pass the Dillema bar on your right for all your sports shown on T.V. and opposite there just across the green there's a lovely little supermarket for all your needs with good prices for the area too. Argueably the "Cosy Corner" restaurant has the biggest choice of foods to suit all tastes with outstanding breakfasts too. It's easy to walk past here without noticeing it, it's just past the Dillema bar on the right through the gates and before Bonkers bar which is also very nice. To reach the main strip just carry on up this same road. There you'll find the Apollo which is a fine tavena, also Vagi's, the Chindian (Chinese & Indian), La Carretta, Mantelena's, etc, etc. For lovely freshly baked bread, cakes, croissants, etc the local bakery is nearby too. At the top of the road up from your place on the left is the "LETSOS" complex and just around the corner again on your left there's the bigger Letsos supermarket, almost directly opposite set back a bit off the road is the bakery which actually opens from around 4 a.m.although it looks in total darkness it is open, they also sell lovely well filled fresh rolls later in the morning and have a drinks fridge there too, the Vanilla slices (Bougatso) in puff pastry are to die for as are there chocolate croissants, It's well worth the morning stroll to get these fine products at budget prices.

newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

Thanks so much, you surely know the place well. Approx how much would I expect to pay for full breakfast and 2 course evening meal? Ive been to Corfu and Kos but its our first time in zante.

newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

Thanks for this, I guess the crystal ball comes in handy for the weather, ha ha x

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

We have just returned last weekend. Prices are approx 4 Euro for full English. We had brunch every day, drank mythos, water,two course evening meal with mythos and or wine, night cap or two took 900 Euros for two weeks for two of us came back with change. Had great time didn't scrimp ourselves can't wait to go back.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,241 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

Basic breakfast around 3.50 euros, "Cosy Corner" special brekkie with almost everything on it just 5 euros.2 course evening meal depends on your own tastes but 10 euros would be a ball park figure. Large bottle of beer Mythos, Amstel, Alpha around 2.50 euros/bottle. Find below the Cosy Corner's menu page with details on what's in their extensive range of foods available which are all freshly cooked to order so a wait here and ther at busy times is to be expected. Print off the free wine vouchers to be used in a few places in Alykanas and also very nearby Alykes's taverna's on the Alykes site below too:-

www.shortieweb.com/cosycornermenu2012.htm

www.Alykes.com

www.justzante.co.uk

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

Could you please tell me directions to bakery from Danny's hotel pls?

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,241 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

Come out of Danny's and turn left up to the main village road then turn right crossing the road, continue on around the bend past La Caretta and Mantelena's, then look for "BEKIRI'S" fast food outlet down in front of you on past the shops, the bakery is the pale green and glass building set back off the road just by there. If you come to the D.N.A. bar you've walked past it. Should take you around 10 mins or so to walk there. Also just near the junction with the main road out of Danny's there is "Memories" bakery and coffee shop on the opposite side of the road but they make more fancy cakes and biscuits and is dearer than the one mentioned.

newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of food and drink in Alykanas - Please

anyone know how much it is for a large local beer? in hotel and town x x

Edited: 14 August 2013, 21:26
Cullompton, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
2 reviews