We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aircon

Which Alykanas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
aircon

I have a holiday booked at dannys hotel, and wanted to know how much it cost for air con.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: aircon

Generally allow about €35 - €40 per week.

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aircon

Thank you for their information x

brighton
Level Contributor
653 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aircon

yep , that's the problem, sometimes you think you've got a good deal then they slap A/C on the bill PLUS the use of the safe AS WELL ,got wise to that old caper a while back

glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aircon

that is well cheaper than i've been quoted for the plessas where they are apparently charging 100 euros for 1 week i messaged them and said i pay less for my gas and electric for a month for 4 bedrooms and 3 public rooms lol

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aircon

If Plessas are charging 100 euros a week for Air Con that's a massive increase on last year's prices. If that's the case I think I'll just be keeping my doors and windows open!

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: aircon

While I can't be certain that the price quoted previous post isn't correct, if anyone in Zante charged €100 per week aircon, it would have a similar effect to charging €10 a beer. It would not be cost effective as most people wouldn't pay that amount out of principle and there would be no return custom. Ive not stayed at Plessas but if aicon is charged per unit maybe the quote is for an apartment with a few aircon units?

glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aircon

the units/rooms are just one room, i've stayed there before but never bothered with air con but mum is coming with me and i thought she might need it but at those prices i dont think so, a trip to big supermarket which sells everything will be on agenda and a couple of electric fans bought if need be. And it is correct here is what i got as a reply "Hello Kim! i am glad that you like the photos! AC costs 100 euros for a week" when i questioned i was told electricity is very very expensive in greece

Edited: 17 May 2014, 18:03
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: aircon

If the price is correct that means if there are 20 studios it costs €2k per week for electricity (Night time only!). That is very expensive by anyone's standards. I support greek islands and understand the situation but that is ridiculous. We don't use air conditioning even in July but at those prices it makes you wonder whether to go somewhere else if that's their mindset. I love Alykanas but if thats the way forward it will be our last visit.

glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: aircon

tell me about it best bet is to keep glass doors open and if got shutter door keep shut and close curtains cuts down on heat .. mum says dont want it not cos of price but cos she feels the cold easily lol and she does - fingers go white and cold just wandering round morrisons hahahaha

UK
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: aircon

Electricity IS expensive in Greece but anywhere charging €15 a day for air-con is really taking the p*55. Electricity hasn't gone up that much since last year & most places were charging about € 5 per day last May & September. You might have to pay an extra €1 in July & August but €100 for a week is a rip-off.

Get answers to your questions about Alykanas