We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Hire

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Hire

Hi

Arriving in Alykanas on 27th July. We are a group of 12. Anyone any info or suggestions on hiring a boat for the day

Thanks in advance

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Hire

There are boats available from several operators right on the beach, Valais hotel, Golden Dolphin in Alykes too. I would go and enquire at La Caretta restaurant or at the Quad hire directly opposite the rrestauarant ask for Andreas. They have two brand new boats with larger outboards, I took one out just the other week and it handled beautifully and popped along at a right rate of knots too, great boats indeed !

Edited: 08 July 2014, 17:35
yorkshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Hire

How expensive is it to hire a larger boat for the day? We are a family of 11 going out 21at July?

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Hire

The two boats I've mentioned owned by Jerry at La Caretta were around 100 euros for the full day but that was for June, July/Aug is high season and may be dearer but as I've said these are brand new vessels. If you use more fuel (in the reserve tank) that will be extra, not going fast these engines are very economical !!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Hire

How many people do they carry??

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Hire

I would think this would be controlled by the licence/insurance agreement, we had 5 on board and there was certainly room for more comfortably.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Hire

Thank you

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat Hire

we are a party of 7,will we get away with one boat or would we need the 2 ?

the wife and i hired a boat from valais last august and had a fantastic day.

thanks for any info

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat Hire

mondeo said there were five of them on board but would comfortably take more.i would imeagine from his post seven could easily be seated comfortably.

9. Re: Boat Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas
Recent Conversations