We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alykanas beach village information

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Alykanas beach village information

Planning on booking a holiday with thomson to Alykanas beach village for June 2015 with 2 teenage kids & 10 year old. Any tips on water-sports, places to visit and accommodation type to choose at the Alykanas beach village would be greatly appreciated. Any other information about the beaches and area would be great too. Cheers

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,517 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alykanas beach village information

All your info here below, the Village is on the beach and has a great kids only water park. www.alykes.com

Edited: 25 July 2014, 05:44
Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alykanas beach village information

Thank's a lot, really appreciated.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alykanas beach village information

Check with Thomas Cook as I've booked for August 2015 and Thompson could touch their price this will be my 2nd time in Zante and theirs no where like it the shipwreck is a must visit and the place itself is so layer back and friendly I can see me the wife and kids visiting a lot more over the years

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alykanas beach village information

Thanks a mil, will check thomas cook

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alykanas beach village information

It's a great resort you can't go wrong. The sea is amazing always warm, shallow, safe for the kids to play around in and good for snorkelling (although you probably only see 1 type of fish!). There are water sports and pedlow hire on the lovelly beach and you can use pretty much any swimming pool in the resort if you buy a drink/snack there. Restaurants are reasonably priced and all the locals are really friendly and like interacting with children, you should have a great time.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
370 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alykanas beach village information

We have just come back from the ABV and stayed last year at the Alykanas Beach. Accommodation wise I would say the ABV has the bigger and better equipped rooms and the cleaners did a fantastic job, absolutely spotless. Almost all of the rooms have a pool or seaview. The facilities in the ABV are all geared up to younger children though. I doubt if their "water park" would interest your 10 year old and the pool in the middle of the complex, big as it is, is very shallow. We have a 14 year old and walked the 2 minutes every day to use the pool at Bonkers Bar - if your kids can swim then use this pool as it is much more suitable for teens. Reasonably priced drinks, snacks & icecreams too.

The beach itself is very safe. You can wade out with waves waist height for about 30m then you hit a sandbank and it goes even shallower. Loads of watersports weather permitting - if it is very windy then the watersports and boat trips from Alykanas are usually cancelled. My son tried the "sofa ride" which is a little safer than the banana boat and loved it - that cost €10. You might also consider going to the best water park on the island for the day - don't book with the rep though - coach & entry through the street sellers costs €20.

All the bars and tavernas in the resort are geared up for families so your kids will love it.

7. Re: Alykanas beach village information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas