We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

Which Troulos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester England
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

Hi my wife and I are thinking of going to Skiathos for our anniversary mid July. We are thinking of Toulos area, Just curious how busy the beach will be then? also are there nice restaurants to relax in near by (are they expensive)?

Weve seen a couple of places we like the look of La Luna studio & apartments and Maria Yiannis 4bed studio any idea if these places have sea views as standard or are some of the rooms not such great views (country side is nice but sea view pref) any advise appreciated. Weve also looked at Zorbas studios but cant see where it is on the island?

many thanks JT

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

Hi JJTT56, If you go to google, click on the map tag and type in Zorbas Studios and Apartments, Ag Paraskevi, Skiathos it will show you the location of the studios. There are some really good restauraunts in Troulos and Ag Paraskevi and they are not at all expensive. For a lovely anniversary meal, you might want to check out Infinity Blue at Kolios. Some reviewers have said that they found it expensive and it can be if you go for the fresh fish, but they have an extensive menu to suit all budgets. I have eaten there many times over the last 10 years or so and always enjoyed it. The setting is wonderful. I Hope you find some place nice for your anniversary and have a great time.

Bob

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

JJTT56,You will love Troulos I'm sure! We are going again in July for 3rd time, nice laid back place with a great beach, some lovely tavernas and easy to get the bus to town if you fancy a change.

wigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

HiJJTT56. As above. Another vote for Troulos. Going in July for the 8th time, 7 of those staying in Troulos. We just love the place.

Enjoy.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

Thanks guys, think Troulos is likely. Just worried beach might be rammed? we are in our late 30s so just wanted to relax have a swim and eat and drink without too much effort. that said we will probably get the bus/taxi into town to enjoy skiathos at leisure.The Maria Yiannis 4bed studio looks like our choice any knowledge re there rooms/views helpful thanks

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

The beach does get busy but you can catch the bus to quieter beaches if you prefer, have a look at this http://www.skymap.gr/?ElementId=36195 We are a similar age and we love Skiathos, I guarantee you will be hooked!

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

Green Park restaurant is nice. Ate there twice in May. People who own Infinity Blue are fabulous though. We walked past late one night and got chatting (they were getting ready for opening) and they offered us a glass of wine and some food. I was so touched by their genuine hospitality. Must visit this week and catch up. Greece is the word!!!

Saltcoats, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

We're heading to Troulos and La Luna this Friday. Looking forward to it as we haven't been to Skiathos for nine years. Decided to return here as we wanted a child friendly beach, and somewhere that's chilled and laid back. I can taste that first Mythos already.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

Hi JJ, I've just got back from Troulos, and if you are after a good restaurant then Salt n' Pepper is THE place to go. It's fantastic food, backed up by attentive staff, and very reasonably priced given the quality of the food and service.

We were only there a week, but ate there 3 times, it's that good! The place is full every night at 8pm so if you want an 8pm ish slot then book a table, or go later, we ate at 10pm and just managed to get a table.

George, the owner, is a great guy to chat to, and certainly knows his stuff. I can't praise this place enough. Enjoy your trip!

9. Re: is Troulos mid july a nice place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations