We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

Which Troulos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

Just been informed that we have been moved from a two bedroom apartment to a three bed studio in the annexe for our hols which start next week.

A little peeved to be informed so late. Thanks Thomas Cook!

Has anyone stayed in the annexe and would be kind enough to share any information?

Many thanks,

Mark

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

Hi Mark

I cannot answer your query but from past experience. Thos Cook are usually allocated the inferiour rooms in any establishment. The hotels/apartments usually say it is because Thos Cook request the cheapest in order to keep within their price range. Very annoying in my opinion.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
621 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

This is one of the reasons we have travelled independently for many years now. We book our Thomas Cook flights and accommodation separately. That way, you book with the hotel or villa, and request the type of room you would like. Independent bookings dont get changed, package company ones do. Its a real pain :-( But wherever you are in Skiathos, you will love it!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

Thanks for your comments.

We usually do travel independently and will do so in future. Thomas Cook have been most unhelpful and will be receiving a formal complaint. A lesson learnt.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
621 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

Sorry you have had problems MilboMark, but Thanos does get pretty good reviews so I am sure you will have a wonderful tme.

Am surprised TC can put you in a 3-bed studio though if you booked a 2-bed as presumably there are more than two of you and I would have thought they cant make you all sleep in the same room, as you may not all be "family". I wonder if Thanos will realise this on your arrival and change your room for you. And as its a package, a Rep to speak too.

Edited: 05 August 2012, 11:26
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

It was a 2-bedroom property and is now a 3-bed studio.

We even checked beforehand that they were proper beds and not a sofa/camp bed.

My guess is that we have been moved to accomodate others as there are three of us and the 2-bedroom apartments can hold 5 people.

Thomas Cook know that at this late stage we have no alternative to accept the change as they have no other alternative properties available.

As an aside, how much is the taxi journey from the airport to Troulos. TC have said they can arrange return journeys for £96. Seems extortionate to me.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

The taxi is 20 euros, definitely don't book transfers as taxis are lined up waiting at the airport and you will be there in no time!

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

If I had booked a two bed appt then bumped to a one room studio I think I would want some form of discount as you have not got what you paid for .

I think there is only one or two ,two bed appt's there .

Maybe different now . Was only one .

I have stayed in both , first went with two children in the two bed appt

then a 3 bed studio with one child . This was maybe ten years ago now though .

Thanos is nice though and I still call in to see Stavros when if I go back to Skiathos .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

Thanks all.

I booked the Thomas Cook holiday via Thomson who have tried all they can. TC won't budge at all and have refused compensation probably because they know that there are no alternatives.

Today is d-day but all that aside, we are really looking forward to going to Skiathos.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,271 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

"I booked the Thomas Cook holiday via Thomson"

That in part is your answer, you are a Thomson customer of TC.

They (TC) have sold the room to a TC customer (Filling the rooms and seats on the aircraft) and retained their commission. Thomson as agents selling the holiday have been given the rooms in the annex. TC customers have preference in the main building.

The reviews are great, try to put it down to experience, however am sure you will have a great time ...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bumped rooms at Thanos, Troulos

Thanks SkiathosLover.

When I booked it, Thomson's telephoned TC and confirmed that the room was a 2-bedroomed apartment. That took place whilst I was sat there so I still have an issue with TC.

I'm looking forward to the holiday anyway. It's just disappointing when you don't get what you booked!

Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations