We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of eating out in troulos

Which Troulos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midlands
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cost of eating out in troulos

Traveling to Troulos in August.,people have mention good to eat at Ratatoulis and Salt and Peper But what kind of prices are we looking at, tried to see if any menu's are on any site but without luck.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

Cannot answer your question re prices but if you want to see reviews of both the restaurants you mention, just click on the green link at the top of the page

RESTAURANTS and you will find some interesting reviews for them

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

Hi, I think beef stifado was about 7 euros last year in Ratatouille. All the Tavernas are pretty much the same but I remember Sunrise & Salt & Pepper being a bit more expensive.

west mids
Level Contributor
497 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

dearest meal for 3 with starters and drinks 70 euro averaged around 50 not expensive for a meal and drinks really

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

Really depends what you order

We found meals for two with 2 courses and drinks ranged from 35 to 50 euros and the portions were huge!

Salt and pepper starters are really large so we just had a main one night then got a free pudding! Salt and pepper probably a little more expensive but a lovely place. Taverna Troulos is right on the beach with lovely waiters and mammoth portions! Oh and don't forget the free ouzo

Try and eat at taverna Alexandros in town. Super food and atmosphere but can get busy. We booked for our second visit.

Chester-le-Street...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

the villa rosa was a great place to eat. reasonably priced nice atmosphere great food and service , we went after several people recommend it to us, main courses about nine to ten euro, also try the nectar and ambrosia , which also was brilliant. I could not review the villa rosa on trip adviser as it was not on their list ,

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

Yes, it does depend on what you want to eat. Steaks are expensive, about €20 - €25 a go, but traditional Greek dishes are around €10 in most places, so with starters and drinks you can expect to pay €35 to €70.

You must go to Salt n' Pepper, you will pay marginally more, but the ambience of the place and the food is to die for. The service is excellent too. If you want to eat around 8pm, you will have to book, but a top tip is to eat later, around 10pm when the place is less busy, and a time when the Greek folk like to eat dinner.

midlands
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

Thanks to everyone that was really useful, have not done self catering for a while and just myself and daughter traveling. so a bit scary.

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

We are there now and spend an average of 30 Euros for 2 mains and 2 drinks. We don't have a starter as the mains are more than enough. We have eaten in a few places and I can honestly say we haven,t had a bad meal yet. Starters are around 3 to 4.50 Euros and mains are about 8 to 13 Euros. Steak is around the 20 euro mark. Hope this helps.

Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

I’ve just got back from troulos and generally we found the food really cheap! I think at salt and pepper we paid 65 euros for 3 courses each and wine, Ratatouille was about 45 euros for the same, 3 courses and wine.. I would say in general you’re looking at 40 – 60 euros for 2 people to have a 3 course meal.

My favourite restaurant in troulos was Nectar & Amvrosia, I have read many bad reviews so I didn’t want to eat here but we thought we’d give it a try.. It was lovely! Apparently they are under new management from last year, so don’t let any of last years reviews put you off. We also met a couple in our hotel who thought it was lovely too. Lovely greek food, friendly waitresses and very greek atmosphere!! We paid 50 euros for 3 courses and a litre of wine here, I would of paid 80 euros it was that nice!

Have a nice time!

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of eating out in troulos

We got back on the 5/6, didn't eat at Nectar & Ambrosia this year as didn't find it very good last year. Have eaten here several years before and been lovely, I'm guessing it's changed hands again, I believe it had changed last year?? We're back again in 25 days so may just give it another go. Ratatouille was very good, we only paid about 25 euros for drinks and 2 main meals. Ate for the first time at Victoria, never eaten there as didn't really like the look of it but met some friends here and the food was really good. Another favourite of ours is the Sunrise Taverna. Enjoy! If you fancy a trip out of Troulos and have a car give Oliveland a try, lovely food and fantastic views.

http://skiathosoliveland.gr/

https:/…

Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations