We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Luna . Trulos

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
La Luna . Trulos

We waited and waited and then were told by Thomson that La Luna not available a.,then someone on here said they had been told it was going private and you had to book thru La Lunas web site direct ,and even had a very expensive price. We have been there the last few years and love it ,ok the hotel itself isnt the best in the world but the views are amazing. .We booked Areti studios /apartments and today just happened to be looking and low and behold La luna is available ,!!Bit gutted really messaged Thomson on facebox and they want my booking ref so maybe something could be done .My husband now says that somewhere different will be nice,but we like to walk to frog bar and salt and pepper .Does anyone know if its far ? as upon investigation i thought areti was down by the sports bar but i believe its up the road going towards town ,is that right ,is it near Infinity blue . ? and also has anyone stayed at areti and are the views as good as they say ?.Sorry for so many questions but i have a terrible sense of direction and thought these apartments were somewhere else ..I am just happy to be going to skiathos .

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,825 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Luna . Trulos

Hi Gina

I think Areti is on the Skiathos town side of Troulos, about 500m from the crossroads in the centre. So it's at the opposite end from La Luna and the frog bar, probably a good 20 minute walk.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Luna . Trulos

HI we stayed at Areti 1 this June and last year Yes the view is AMAZING very clean and a lovely pool again with AMAZING views. When we went last year we couldn't believe it was only a 2 * we even had a toaster never had one before even in a 3* They are at Bus stop 17 ? half way between Troulos and AP (sorry can't spell it) it is a bit of a hill back up but it depends on how fit and young you are Ha ha. we used to get the bus for just one stop - we did get some funny looks but Hay we didn't care (we are in out early 60s so thats a good as excuse as any)

I'm sure we will enjoy it.

Lyn

Edited: 17 November 2013, 16:59
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Luna . Trulos

According to this map the Areti is between bus stops 17 and 16 - http://goo.gl/maps/kXE6z

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Luna . Trulos

Hi lyn .It sounds lovely .Can you tell me if the pool area is nice & good for sun worshippers ?. we spend most of our day around the pool and we do like a pleasant area to relax and sunbath .? thanks gina

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Luna . Trulos

Plenty of photos on the TA review page,

wigan
Level Contributor
840 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Luna . Trulos

Hi Gina. Areti has the most stunning views. We stayed there in 2009 and were well pleased with it. It,s about a 5 minute walk up the hill from Salt and Pepper. Although we go to the beach rather than sit round the pool, the pool area and snack bar are lovely, also with incredible views. The apartments are cleaned daily by a Bulgarian woman (I think) who doesn,t speak much English but is very friendly. Would defiately go back there.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Luna . Trulos

Hi Yes the pool is definitely good for sun worshippers, we like the pool and the beach so used to alternate, usually Troulos beach. As already said the views from the pool are amazing. When we were there in June there were two luxury yachts moored in front so plenty to watch. Every were is very clean. We loved it so much last year we went back again this year. Would definitely go back but next year going to try another Greek Island.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 22:00
8. Re: La Luna . Trulos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations