We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast

plymouth england
Level Contributor
58 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather forecast

Just been looking at the forecast for the next 10 days and the weather looks awful rain and thunderstorms, we are due to fly out on Wednesday. All forecast seem the same so expect its correct. What is there to do in Skiathos if the weather is rubbish? will the boat trips to Skopelos still go ahead.

Really disappointing as we have so been looking forward to this week away.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast

The only accurate forecast, is the one where you look out of the window. The forecast on the most reliable site, has been changing every 12 hours. It does look like storms here Tuesday, however we may just get showers.

September, traditionally, is when the weather starts to break. If we believe the forecast, then true to form Tuesday should be interesting ...

Level Contributor
715 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast

If its like that day in June I'd better pack some waders!!!

Ribchester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast

Hi there.

Like the previous poster says, I agree... But don't be too saddened by the weather forecast. The nearest weather station that predicts the weather is on the mainland some distance away. While it may be downpours on land, Skiathos may well be basking in sunshine... the beauty of holidaying on an island.

With regards to activities on wet weather days... The majority of the large boats which ferry to Skopelos and Alonissos will generally run, unless it is horrendous weather. The 'round-the-island' trip is notoriously unpredictable in poor weather. If you experience any bad weather days, my suggestion would be to head into town and while away the hours at a bar (undercover)! I dare say there will be many others there that you can console with. There is also the Papadiamantis Museum which breaks up the day, or alternatively a visit to the Monasteries and the old town of Kastro is a good idea.

Hope this helps, and don't worry too much! It certainly won't be wall-to-wall rain!

Level Contributor
715 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast

At least you don't feel guilty having a few drinks on an afternoon if its poor weather. I'd still rather be in Skiathos whatever the weather

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast

In my experience you might get a couple of down pours ,lasting a few hours but they soon clear up. and as Jules says a good excuse to stay in the bar!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast

Windfinder uses data from the island airport. There are two more, reporting stations at xanemos, and in town. The others base their forecast, on Volos airport 60 miles away on the mainland.

Forecast updated again, saying rain tuesday afternoon ...

Edited: 31 August 2014, 17:46
plymouth england
Level Contributor
58 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather forecast

Thank you all for your replies, will take a brolly and hope for the best.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather forecast

Always take a brolly in September, then you know you will never use it ...

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather forecast

Hi all,

My partner and I are also flying out on Wednesday for 9 days and have been checking the weather for the next few days, it doesn't look too good this week with storms and clouds but sun in the afternoon - hopefully will only rain on and off for a couple of days and clear up fully by Saturday..really need some sunshine now! Looking forward to our first visit to Skiathos anyway, am sure it will be great.

Oh, should I bring a cardi or jacket for the evenings, is it getting chilly?

Thanks,

VS

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather forecast

Just a brolly and wellies, if you believe the forecast ...

Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations