We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops and Bars in Kalyves

Which Kalyves hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shops and Bars in Kalyves

We are looking at possibly staying in Kalyves in summer 2014 and were wondering what it is like on an evening, i.e are there any shops to browse around and bars to sit and enjoy a drink in after an evening meal , not worried about clubs just bars.

Crete
Level Contributor
463 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

Gillian,

Can you tell me where the Maragakis winery is? We know Dourakis, just outside Vrysses & have been there several times . Not heard of the Maragakis, though.

Thanks

Jackie

Kirkwall
Level Contributor
265 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

Hi,

Sorry I can't - I've spent a good chunk of today trawling the internet to try and find it! I found the wines in the supermarket in Kalives just beyond the car park at the Armenoi end.

It was the young woman in the shop that recommended them and I daren't think how many bottles of the Symphonia (at 4.30 euros a darned good buy I thought) I got through!

I've just had a look at the photo we took of the label and there's no website but since you are lucky enough to be there you could pop in!

Regards,

Gillian

PS I know this is off subject but I'm doing all I can for the Cretan economy!!

Kirkwall
Level Contributor
265 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

Jason G,

I hope this is convincing you to take your holiday in Kalives!

Chania Town, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

There are no big clubs in Kalyves ,but you can find bars so you can have a drink late at night.

There is Allegro bar and Apicorno cafe both of them at the center of the village also Arena right on the beach.

I will be glad to help with any further information you might need about the area.

London
Level Contributor
762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

…georgioupoli.net/acc/…karoline_gb.htm

London
Level Contributor
762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

Sorry meant to add - Kalyves is a lovely small town and no, there arn't wall to wall bars and shops, thank goodness, but there are genuine Greek places where you can have a drink inside/outside till late. Close to Chania and perfect spot for exploring this part of Crete.

Lymington, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

"Jason G,

I hope this is convincing you to take your holiday in Kalives!"

Hi Jason,

Back 4 weeks and can't wait to return...going for 4 weeks next September/October as a retirement present(to ourselves!!)...we have been going since 2001 with a couple of years break 2008/2009...it's as described, a lovely Greek village with the bonus of fab beaches...just be warned if going in high season it could be murder getting through the village center...plans afoot regarding "traffic management"...but don't hold your breath!!

Enjoy!!

Regards

Jan & Geoff

18. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 15:05
sheffield
Level Contributor
393 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

You may well have already visited but there used to be a bar in the village square (it's not quite a square but it's where the church is) called Afrodite - this was lovely because the locals went there as well. The main road in Kalyves is now on Streetview too ! If you've already been, I hope you enjoyed it. We've visited at least 10 times and are back there just before autumn and I can't wait !

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
140 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Shops and Bars in Kalyves

We are looking forward to visiting here for the first time and never having been to Crete or Greece before. I drink decaff coffee is it readily available or should I bring my own we with me. We will be self catering. Looking forward to trying the local wine! MargaretT

Get answers to your questions about Kalyves
Recent Conversations
More Kalyves Topics