We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluebird taxi or the other blue ones.......

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Bluebird taxi or the other blue ones.......

What is the difference in safety and cost please? I think I probably used the other brand last year without realising and had no problems. When I go next month should I only choose the Bluebird ones or take the first taxi that comes along. Is there a reason that everyone keeps recommending the Bluebird ones?

South Australian...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluebird taxi or the other blue ones.......

the difference is getting less. once upon a time all bluebird drivers had to pass a stringent test. those days are gone, and lately I have had as much trouble getting them to use their meters as others, I just ask if we are using meter and if so, will use any taxi.

Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluebird taxi or the other blue ones.......

We only ever use bluebird... Have had trouble in the last with other taxis not putting on meters, taking the long way and being quite rude and abrupt when questioning them. Go for the bluebird taxis hands down. Polite, good English, uses a meter and always the fares are always well priced.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bluebird taxi or the other blue ones.......

Just double check that they will use the meter before you get in - if another one says yes they will use the meter I get in.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bluebird taxi or the other blue ones.......

Like any companies, you get good and not so good drivers. Bluebird in my opinion and experience are better to use. I find that meters in some of the other taxis are rigged / don't work properly and these drivers are more likely to not turn a meter on, instead specifying a fare. Having said that you will get the odd bluebird driver who is not the most honest. Remember that every taxi driver has his ID on display in the taxi, IF you encounter problems you can report them, the phone number is also advertised inside the taxi.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bluebird taxi or the other blue ones.......

I've had good & bad experiences with both taxi's, my worst was with Bluebird. Again as previously said make sure the meter is on and also have an idea of where you are going. We have had taxis try & take us the long way which we've pulled them up on.

We still do try & get Bluebird tho as there are more good than bad.

Edited: 26 June 2014, 06:28
South Australian...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bluebird taxi or the other blue ones.......

this last trip, one of more than thirty we had sEVERAL bluebirds refuse to put their meters on, and one had not a single word of English.

as I said in my earlier post, the company has greatly lowered their hiring standards, local gossip suggests they are not doing too well financially, after the death of an owner????

7. Re: Bluebird taxi or the other blue ones.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2016, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Nusa Dua Peninsula