We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towels

Leeds
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Towels

This may be a bit of a daft topic but we are staying at Elpida hotel, Kala. Chorio and I wondered if we need to rake towels with us for pool,beach as with luggage allowances I am trying to be really careful.

Any advice please?

5 replies to this topic
Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
507 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towels

This might sound like a daft reply ;) I never take towels. I always buy beach towels with a map of the island on them, and they double up as a basic road map. They usually cost €7-8, which is cheaper than renting beach towels, and you can always leave them behind if you choose to. We've got quite a collection of them now.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,599 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towels

Ha ha I was just about to post the exact same thing (so maybe we are both daft.......great minds or fools seldom differ :-)) and by the time the you fly back the toiletries, sun cream etc. weight is down so we normally take them home.

Edited: 06 August 2017, 12:56
Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
507 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Towels

Ain't that the truth Jock. The only toiletries I ever take to Greece are my toothbrush, roll on deoderant and toothpaste, so my first trip to the shop on arrival is to buy beach towels, Carroten sun creme, shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, baby wipes, bottled water, lemon juice, vodka, and a few bars of Ion chocolate for the other half. ;) Keeps him happy until it's time for his gyros.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,599 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Towels

We tend to take our suncream with us as I like the Piz Buin Once A Day (although do top up) so normally find a deal before we go (well I am a tight Jock :-)) and we get shampoo/hairspray (hairspray not for me I might add) through security at the airport. We then top up as when required later in the holiday. Love the essentials list ;-) :-)

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Towels

I would go along with all above , in fact the new thing this year is all the shops selling Turkish Hammam beach towels, much lighter and only 6-7 euros , we bought two and brought them home being so light

Reply to: Towels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Istron
Recent Conversations