We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,051 posts
1,846 reviews
Save Topic
Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

There is limited information on this great destination on Tripadvisor. According to the article it has untouched and unspoiled beauty and has even earned a nomination in the UNESCO World Heritage List.

Here is their list of the top 10 things to do. Ive just added to my bucket list! Any additional suggestions.

wheninmanila.com/top-10-things-to-do-when-in…

Tommo

11 replies to this topic
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,081 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

For me Batanes is the most beautiful province in this country. It is only my 2nd favorite local destination because it is straining on the pocket to go there. It is cheaper for me to go to Camiguin 2x a year than visiting Batanes 1x a year.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,051 posts
1,846 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

Further must sees and must dos here:

abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/03/25/12/must-sees…

Excellent tourist website:

lakbaypilipinas.com/travel_philippines/batan…

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,081 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

I have yet to see a photo or blog article saying negative things about Batanes.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,051 posts
1,846 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

Keg are there any good beaches in Batan Island or do you need to travel by boat to see the best beaches?

I gather these are the best beaches and only accessable by boat-Chadpidan Beach, Sabtang Beach, and Nakabuang Beach

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,081 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

There are good beaches in Batan but they are not that "swimmable" like what you can see in Boracay and El Nido. The waves are strong and a local told us it is always like that all year round because the waters of Batanes are where the Pacific Ocean and South China Sea meet.

Jakarta/Manila
Level Contributor
30 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

Batanes is one of my favorite places in the world, and I'm not saying this because I am a Filipino. I have been to many beautiful spots in various countries (Austria, Switzerland, California, etc.) and Batanes has its special allure. Believe the hype - it is an unspoiled paradise island. The airfare was a bit pricey (12,000 Philippine pesos or around $295 per person round trip by today's exchange rates) when I went there by Seair in Feb 2010) but well worth it. If you love nature and the outdoors, and prefer the peace, quiet and raw beauty of the isolated islands, plan a trip. Check the typhoon forecasts, though, as there are months when travel to Batanes is not recommended.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

I "recommend" closing this thread.

It is making me drool!!! :(

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

batanes, not on the list, is my favorite place for romance and experiencing things we often forget in relationships. ITs a great place for snuggling and staying warm together. The place has the feel of a foreign land and as if one is living in a fairly tale.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,051 posts
1,846 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

Leftover thats the impression I get when I see pictures of the place. Almost Europe like in scenery and looks nothing like scenery from the Philippines. Hopefully there will be some airfare promo to Batanes!

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,081 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!

One photographer dubbed Batanes as "Scotland of the Orient" because of stone houses and the landscape.

Reply to: Top 10 things to do in Batanes!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Basco