We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plaza palace stds

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
plaza palace stds

hi there can anyone who has stayed at plaza palace stds tell me where they are located ie are they up on the main road or anywhere near the anaxos gardens apts

London
Level Contributor
594 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: plaza palace stds

The studios are off the lane that leads to the hotel itself, not on the main road, some way from the Anaxos Gardens and no more than 40m from the hotel. We are booked here twice for 2012 and will be our fourth year at the studios - we love it there!

Pete

Windermere
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: plaza palace stds

Hello to rfc13

We are booked into the Plaza Palace Studios for August 2012 for our first visit to Lesbos. Any info you could offer will be most welcome regarding, in particular, the state of the beach at Anaxos, is it really an easy walk to Petra, and is public transport okay? As we're going with Thomas Cook we're a little nervous at the moment, however we wont panic yet, but we're really looking forward to our "Greek fix"! I hope you don't mind too much us asking the questions but we a REALLY looking forward to next August, and hope that our holiday is to a place that is the real Greece..

MrM99

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: plaza palace stds

Hi we are going to Plaza Palace Hotel in August our 2nd visit. Studios are just along the lane from hotel 2 mins walk. The pool and bar very good and Vas there all day and he does great lunches.

The beach at Anaxos about 15 mins walk and plenty sunbeds free if you use the Taverna that owns them. Beach is shingle so reccomend beach shoes.

walk into Petra about 30 mins but bus service is very good and bus goes to Molyvos as well.

hoping nothing happens to Thomas cook as these are only tour operator to Lesbos now.

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: plaza palace stds

Thomas Cook will be fine , just wished I'd have bought shares in them 4 days ago but alas I was too late to catch them dirt cheap !

London
Level Contributor
594 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: plaza palace stds

The beach is only 5-10 mins away and is a dark, gritty sand that gets very hot! Shelves quite quickly, 15m out and I am out of my depth. Plenty of sunbeds and never a problem finding one. The cafes along the front are all good, very laid back and not pushy at all.

Any other quetions, please feel free to ask!

Pete

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: plaza palace stds

Hi, we're staying at the Plaza Palace in June , they're just behind the little supermarket opposite Steves Bar . If you go on google earth you won't find the actual building because the image is from 2003 and it wasn't built then but you will find a photograph posted of both Steves and the Plaza Palace.

hope this helps.

Folkestone, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: plaza palace stds

hi

I stayed there this year for a week, the studios are situated up a side road from the hotel, no more than 100 metres from the apts, they are very quiet, and the studios are basic, but very clean, i have rebooked to go again in 2012, as the owner vasilis and his wife cant do enough for you. We met people that have been there for 3 and 4 years on the trot, and wouldnt dream of going anywhere else, and once youve been i think you will understand why. There are restaurants on the main road, and about 700 metres away towards the beach, and compared to other islands ive been to the food is fantastic (as always) but very reasonably priced.

Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: plaza palace stds

Can anyone tell me if there are lots of Mozzies in Anaxos, especially the plaza palace hotel, going end Aug

Edited: 21 January 2012, 17:09
staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: plaza palace stds

Samsovalki we are going end August as well . went last year wasnt to many

mozzies and we didnt get bitten . always use plug ins in room and wear insect repellent after sun at night.

See you there.

Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: plaza palace stds

thanks for the reply,can you tell us how far away from the beach and tavernas they are, some conflicting answers on here,and what temp like end Aug 1st week Sept

Edited: 22 January 2012, 10:52
Get answers to your questions about Anaxos
Recent Conversations