We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Again

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Booked Again

Well we have just booked for two weeks in Anaxos for September. We were there last September and like many others can not wait to go back. It is the nicest and friendliest place we have ever been. This is the first time we have visited the same place twice, as we do like to go to different places. We enjoyed this place so much we just have to go back. Cant wait!!!!

Essex
Level Contributor
930 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked Again

Its our first time in september in Anaxos , and I'm researching where to go for next year , but am afraid to book something in case we like it !! Lol ! Where are u staying ? We are at the Haris studios , 1st two weeks of septmember !

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked Again

We are staying at the Anaxos Gardens we were made to feel really welcome by Maria and her family it was like home from home. You will really enjoy it it is such lovely place. Petra is lovely as well and so easy and cheap by bus or taxi to get to.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Jackie

Molyvos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
580 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked Again

and, don't forget to visit beautiful Molyvos. I could go on, there are so many fantastic places to see.

But be warned everybody. Lesvos will steal your heart and other places will never seem the same.

Essex
Level Contributor
930 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked Again

Looks like there is plenty to do , we have also hired a car for 3 days as we want to visit the ouzo brewery in plomari ! Booked a hotel to stay overnight too so we can make full use of the ouzo tasting !! Hic , hic ! : )

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked Again

Hi Hanny

We've done the same as you , spent 2 weeks there late spring last year and before the summer was out we had booked to return in June and I dont do return visits either , well I didn't until now .

I'm trying to work out if I can squeeze in a September visit out of my holiday entitlement as well .

It's amazing how such a simple unassuming place like Anaxos has managed to get under so many peoples skin that they return year in year out .

It has to be a blend of the friendliness of both locals and fellow holiday makers making you feel as if you are a part of it . It certainly worked its magic on me!

Windermere
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked Again

Hi folks

Anaxos just sounds brilliant, and like many of you we can't wait. The weather here in Windermere has been fantastic lately and it brings to mind hopefully what it's going to be like in August at Anaxos...(I know it will be a lot hotter there!)

How much are the bus and taxi fares from Anaxos to Petra? Obviously not a great deal otherwise it wouldn't have been mentioned, so that's something else to look forward to as we like to use local transport whenever possible. I've been researching local tavernas as well....is it true that as long as you purchase drinks and maybe lunch etc there is no charge for sun loungers? Again that would be great as when we were in Kalami two years ago it was 10 euros for the day, and people who brought their own were harangued by the beach lady from hell!!

All info will be gratefully received....with thanks in anticipation....MrM99

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked Again

Hi MrM99

Last September a taxi to Petra was round about 5 euro's, the bus even cheaper about 2 euro. It is true you can buy as little as a coffee at one of the tavernas and spend all day on their sun loungers. Obviously you would have more that that but we watched some people just order a coffee in the morning, go off somewhere else for lunch and come back and sit for the rest of the day. I am sure you will absolutely love Anaxos everyone is so friendly and I will never forget the day we were leaving, all the hotel owners and bar owners know what time the coaches are leaving and all stand on the road and wave you off. Wherever you drink or eat you are made to feel as you are part of the family, nothing is too much trouble. I really cant wait to go back.

Enjoy

Jackie

Windermere
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked Again

Hi Jackie/HannyYorkshie

Thanks for your swift and interesting reply....(I'm a Yorkshire lad meself)...It's great to hear more about Anaxos, it just seems to get better and better. We have friends who have been before and who have said much the same as all the good folk on any Anaxos thread have said.

So, we go on August 4th from Manchester...(as do others I've seen on another few postings). For me the holoiday begins from the moment I wake up on the day we go (I'm a big kid really!). We just love the heat, food, beach, sites and sounds, but perhaps most of all the people who have always been friendly and hospitable wherever we have gone in Greece. I do sincerely hope that all the dreadful economic circumstances have not impacted on the traditional Greek hospitality/

Roll on August....thanks again...MrM99

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked Again

Hi Everyone

We will be returning to Anaxos for the third time in June. Our good friends from Yorkshire will be accompanying us, or us them , for their first visit, and cannot wait.

We rarely return to places in Greece, as there are so many still as yet, beautiful and unspoilt gems out there, still to discover. But Lesvos and Anaxos embraced us and we are hooked. It will be great reaquainting ourselves with old friends and making new ones.

There are so many good tavernas in Anaxos .Petra and Molyvos and at such good prices, that you'll be able to visit a different one everynight.

Looking forward to that first Mythos when we arrive

Cheers Jack

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked Again

Hi All

I've just been looking through some photos from last years Anaxos holiday wishing I was back there and came across one of the Einai Taverna on the front , it had a todays special's blackboard outside so I zoomed in and found it advertising ,

" MIXED PLATTER OF FRESH FISH FOR TWO PERSONS -14 EUROS "

Also on the board ,

" SOLE FILLET WITH SALAD AND POTATOES - 7 EUROS "

We always choose to self cater i.e. a breakfast of fruit juice , honey with yoghurt and maybe a sandwich at lunchtime but with prices like these I imagine every pocket can afford to dine out every night of their holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Anaxos
Recent Conversations