We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anaxos first time

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
anaxos first time

Staying at the Nautitlus Apartments from 11th June. Just want know how far is it to walk to beach and if we fancy walk into next town Petra how long?.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anaxos first time

From you rooms is about a 10 min stroll to the beach, if you google earth Anaxos, there are 3 different roads down to the beach, each is a nice walk.

There are 3 main ways to walk into Petra. One is along the beach, you will have to paddle in the sea at one point about knee deep for 10/15 meters, you will walk past a little harbour and then join the main rd into Petra.

2nd is on to the main rd, past the bakery and bus stop, stay on the left hand side of the rd, up the hill and then down into Petra, past the Alma hotel and along the sea front.

3rd is same as the 2nd, except just before the Alma, take the footpath on the right hand side of the rd, follow that (nice and sheltered from the sun) and you arrive in the middle of Petra at the Tavernas.

All walks there take between 25 and 35 mins (ive got little legs!)

Hope you have a great stay.

Edited: 10 April 2014, 11:58
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anaxos first time

thanx will look forward trying them all out

3. Re: anaxos first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 16:03
uk
Level Contributor
412 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anaxos first time

Be careful with the beach route ! On our first vist about 3 years ago it was fine, but in September it was very difficult and something I'm not going to repeat in a hurry, we are pretty fit and happy to wade through water and climb over rocks but this was more of an extreme sport and done whilst carrying beach stuff and cameras ! ... I'm sure it changes each year depending on weather ect though

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
767 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anaxos first time

If you try the beach route you can avoid getting your feet wet by by going up to the Anaxos hill complex, go through it then head downhill to the ''path''. It is not an easy footpath, my wife and I have walked it many times both ways and have enjoyed the walk hugely. There are some interesting sights on the way and some wonderful views. Wear trainers or similar and just take care and you should have no prbplems.

We were 59 the last time we took this route and made it easilly.

We used to pass this enormous turkey in this small holding, then one year it was gone. Obviously it was big enough for the pot !

Unless anyone knows different ???

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anaxos first time

There's always the bus {timetable will appear on here when it is published} or Niko's taxi which was only 5 euros last September. The road way is quite pleasant walking depending on the heat .

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anaxos first time

ALL of the advice above is good, I have nothing to add :-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anaxos first time

Thanks for all your the info. 8wks before we go and looking forward in having a great hol

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anaxos first time

hi 1954 Allan, as with above posts I agree. You will have a fabulous time and I will have a litle bet with you...you will be going back! The Anaxos 'bug' will get you!

I have been going for the last 8 years and off agin in August staying for the 6th time at Nautilus, you will love it. Please say hello and give our love to Maria, Michael and Orestis and tell them to 'look out',,,Cynthia & Joy will be desending again this year. ENJOY! x

10. Re: anaxos first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Anaxos
Recent Conversations