We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

Hi. We're travelling to Anaxos Gardens in August with our fussy 13 yr old. Can anyone advise if there are any childrens menus in the tavernas or if you can buy things in the supermarket. Been to Finikounda and loved it - he mostly ate pizza, pasta and chicken. He is better now at eating but still fussy. Also, is there any activities for children - watersports on the beach?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

I went to Anaxos last year. There was a place that hired out kayaks and had one of those rubber ring things. All pretty low key. As for food - there's plenty of choice.

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

Thanks Debs - I picked Lesbos for a quiet Greek holiday and thought it would be just the place - did like the sound of Petra but couldn't find accommodation for our dates.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

Casa de Athena right on the front is without doubt the best place for burgers / tex mex / pizza / chilli dogs etc , Dimitri and Debbie the owners live in Texas through the off season and really know how to do their food .

Anaxos in general caters more towards the more mature visitor {40 plus} so not a lot of kids entertainment for those beyond bucket and spade age , as Debs says .

There is a small play area on the beach with a few swings , seesaw and a little roundabout which probably won't suit a teenager . Snorkelling opportunities at the Petra end in the shallows .

Hoddys may be along soon with a better input as they go every year with children about your boys age .

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1191735…

Edited: 05 May 2014, 13:44
London
Level Contributor
603 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

Doubt you will have much problem with food either in Anaxos or Petra (try the Reef there for pizzas!). There may be a bit more to do in Petra which is only 10 mins on the bus or a 30 min walk, cabs cost only 5 euros each way. And there is the new Magic Train of course......

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

The new Village Train would cost the equivalent of €5 per person to get to Petra or Molyvos and back.

I'm sure the water sports will be of interest when the season is properly under way.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

Hi Jayne, we have been to Anaxos 3 times with the kids who are now 11 and 9. Ours are happy just to play in the pool or on the beach, we've been on the pedalos, can't remember how much they are. The play area on the beach is probably too babyish for a 13yr old. Food wise you should be ok.a lot of the place do burgers or steak if he's happy with that. Pizza can be had at some places too. As mentioned Casa de Athena do great pizza and burgers!!

If he's got his iPod/iPad nearly every bar/taverna has WIFI. The Ariston grill house on the main road has a games room with table football, pool table air hockey and play station! The kids loved it there. Alexander my son has just asked me to tell you son to give a Gyros a go! He lives on them for 2 weeks!!!

Very jealous you are going Jayne, we aren't able to go this year, we will be there in 2015 though! I hope that helps a bit x

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

No worries at all on the food front but as for stuff for a teenager to do , other than the watersports not a lot. Its fine for younger ones and it depends if your 13 year old will be happy to read a book and just chill I suppose. Plenty of trips to be had.

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

Thanks for all the replies. He'll be very happy on his ipod when not on the beach or in the pool. Snorkelling sounds good - would it be better to bring our own snorkelling gear or can you buy it there? The Ariston sounds good Hoddys - he loves to play pool in our local so that games room will keep him entertained. Can't wait to go now - August and Lesbos here we come!

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

P.S... the new train sounds good - great to have another alternative than buses that can be unreliable or taxis. Will try to get him to try the Gyros....but not holding my breath on that one!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Childrens food / activities in Anaxos

If you have a good set I'd take it with you but with only 15kg hold luggage weight is at a bit of a premium, all the mini markets sell them for just a few euros.

Get answers to your questions about Anaxos
Recent Conversations