We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza Palace Video

Which Anaxos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Plaza Palace Video

Looks like Vas has spent a bit doing a promo video!!!

Looks good and professional with

some great aerial views over Anaxos

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza Palace Video

He showed us this on his phone when we were there in May. For those wondering, it includes a flyover with a helicopter!

Where have you seen the video online though? Has Vas put it on Facebook (which I don't use)?

Edited: 16 June 2014, 12:29
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza Palace Video

Or maybe Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=142lM_W9qbo

Not seen on the big screen before.... I bet it was a mini, remote control helicopter though :-) He just told us he'd hired a helicopter.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 12:32
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plaza Palace Video

Yes that's it !!!

Dopey sod me !!!

Forgot to post the link !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Oh Man !!!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plaza Palace Video

It has to be a remote rtj if it was a full size one it would have crashed into the Virginia apts ;0)

Also there are no noticeable shadows even when it's between the sun and the Plaza , even the BBC get caught out with that occasionally .

If you look at it at 1.31 you can see the 2 operators on the left of the screen , one for camera one for chopper I guess .

Nice job though .

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plaza Palace Video

When he showed a snippet on his phone, it was the bit flying high over Anaxos. So hadn't seen the close up bits until I looked today. Good to see he's trying to promote the Plaza but it's good for Anaxos too.

Still not seeing Plaza Palace 2 showing on the Thomas Cook website. I wonder if they'll reintroduce the missing Wednesday flight if they have more accommodation to sell?

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plaza Palace Video

Thats fantastic in fairness ! Well done Vas , he has ALWAYS tried to be ahead of the game in fairness to him right from when we first met him 10 years ago when he ran the Omerta Bar. Top man

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plaza Palace Video

TC are showing 8 S/C rooms available on the Wednesday flight I'm looking at in September so maybe they're already under PP s/c ?

{don't want too many to know until I book one for myself } ;0)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Plaza Palace Video

This is a brilliant video! Have walked past so many times over the years and not realised how super it is.

We stay at The Nautilus every year and before they opened Anaxos Hotel. I would not change my accommodation, however P P is a lovely 'palace'.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plaza Palace Video

And how many staying at the Plaza Palace ever realised some of the pool's tiles depicted the Greek flag! And what is that building next to the Plaza Palace? I knew there was something beyond a gate but now I wonder what the main building(s) are.

Level Contributor
104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Plaza Palace Video

The Greek flag is new this year. Stayed there last year and the pool def had PP on the bottom.

Get answers to your questions about Anaxos
Recent Conversations