We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

myrtia summer village

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
myrtia summer village

hello to you all ,ive just booked for next may 2012 for 2 weeks to stay here ,i stayed at the byzantium studios in troulos 2 years ago and had a wonderfull holiday ,has anyone stayed at these apartments and can tou reecomend any tavernas in koukinaries look forward to hearing from you all many thanks julia x

Colwyn Bay, North...
Level Contributor
590 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: myrtia summer village

Hi there; I assume you are asking what the Myrtia is like? Came back last week after spending a great 2 weeks. Pool area is fab; nice large pool and a great bar and taverna. Accommodation ws clean and tidy; not brilliant but defo good enough.

Didn't really eat in Koukanaries that much as we got the bus to Skiathos Town and hired a car. Big Bad Wold was always busy as it is just by the bustop and the rest of the family went to Muses which they recommended but for me Skitahos town has it all. Loved the cocktails in Stamelos Bar and they do a fab English Breakfast.

Make an effort to go to the beaches; Koukanaries is huge with lovely sand; Big Banana is Party beach but our fave beach is Aghia Aleni which is well worth the 30 minute walk, a brilliant taverna with lovely food. Go in the afternoon and watch the sunset.....Have a lovely holiday; I know we did....

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: myrtia summer village

many thanks for you helpfull review ,julia

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: myrtia summer village

Hi there

Stayed there from 17th-31st Aug, 2 adults, 2 children.

Apartments are more than adequate by Greek standards, very clean & regularly cleaned. gorgeous setting, 10-15 minute walk to main beach (which is gorgeous, busy but can always find space). Best walk to beach is through lagoon (gate at side of bus stop 23). Also small tip - you can buy 6 bottles of water for 2.5 euros from the reception (found out after buying from supermarket & carrying half a mile!!) & take a torch for evenings if out & returning late.

We ate mainly at Ilia's Orchard & Strofalia (wasn't impressed with Big Bad Wolf, Myrtia was OK), also the Chinese/Indian restaurant was very reasonably priced & very good food.

Went to Skiathos town twice, lovely town, loads of tavernas & shops, highly recommend a visit (get off at bus stop 4 & walk into the harbour through shops etc).

Hope you have a great time, please feel free to ask any further questions

Mentioned in this post
The Big bad Wolf
The Big bad Wolf
928 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: myrtia summer village

hi steve , thats great news that you enjoyed myrtia apartments , i went to skiathos may 2009 and stayed at byzantium studios in troulos which was lovely , but unfortunatley the prices have gone up quite a bit , so thought id try koukinaries , i thought skiathos was a lovely island and liked the fact that i could get the bus across the island myself , im off to lesvos on the 17th sept where i visited last may , this island is rustic unspoilt real greece , so im getting quite excited the weather forecast is 27 degrees , hopefully much better that here , ileas orchard seems to have rave reviews can you give me directions for this taverna , many thanks julia x

northumberland
Level Contributor
197 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: myrtia summer village

julia, ilia's orchard is easy to find. at the end of myrtia's track, turn right, past stamelos and captain michaels, ilias is set back off the road on the right hand side, in the evenings the lights either side of their entrance path look like a mini airport runway he he. the food is great. we also tried big bad wolf which was good, but you're right on the side of the road and i found the traffic noise to be a bit off putting. i agree about stamelos' cocktails, they're gorgeous !! i must admit though, (and i tried a few highly recommended restaurants in skiathos town), my best meal by far was at the myrtia itself !!!!!!! the pastitsada, delicious xxx karen

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: myrtia summer village

great news about the good tavernas and myrtia summer village , when i went 2 years ago and stayed in troulos my favourite was in the village itself next to the bus stop and my favourite in skiathos town was on the seafront but away from the main harbour heading towards the airport ,cant remember what they were both called but fantasic food and family run x just less than a week now till im off to lesvos cant wait now xjulia

7. Re: myrtia summer village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Koukounaries
Recent Conversations