We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thermes villas

Toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thermes villas

Looking at thermes villas in meagalochori, couple of questions if anyone can answer

Are there lots of stairs at villas?

Are there restaurants and cafes in meagalochori

Any of the villas have a window in the bedroom

How far from the airport

Thanks in advance for any info

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thermes villas

Why don't you mail them and ask? Or mail someone who wrote reviews here in TA?

And yes, there are restaurants and cafes in Megalochori and very good ones also. Raki, Marmita, Feggera and Vinsanto are some of them.

Airport is 7 km from Megalochori and will take less then a 15 minutes drive.

Ingela

Edited: 05 September 2013, 08:00
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thermes villas

Hi,

We had an amazing stay here. But please note, it is luxury travel. There is a front office and from there a level path leads to the individual villas which from memory all have a small staircase to navigate to get there. We had the final villa which was a huge advantage as we felt we were in our own home. The managers assist with baggage though so they may be able to facilitate assistance if stairs are an issue. I agree with the last post to contact them. They are lovely and helpful. Note there are stairs inside the villas depending on which one you book or request.

In terms of the village, let me answer it the long way..... I don't mind moving around and being our first visit to Santorini was happy to move to 3 separate locations. We arrived after 5pm on the first day so I chose a cheaper option in Akrotiri. This property was not as private as Thermes and had a private spa but everyone could see you as they walks past. Communal pool. This was a lovely little village. We walked to dinner and ate at Maria's. very traditional, very good prices, hubby is from a greek family and we felt like his gran or "Yia yia" was cooking for us! We had a beautiful breakfast at the hotel and then moved to Thermes. We had several nights here, walking to the nearby village and eating at Raki for lunch. Amazing chicken on a skewer and the potato was great too. They offer authentic cooking classes. Village very small however has a very friendly general store/tiny corner shop for water, treats, sodas etc.

Thermes introduced us to Gregory who has a tour bus but will also shuttle you around the island. You can't beat his service or price. Highly recommend you call to get his number and get him to pick you up from the airport and drive you around. The drive from airport seemed like less than 30 mins. In fact, could have been less than that? Advise calling them. We did not want a car or bikes, preferred Gregory driving us.

Gregory took us one night to Oia. This place is not for us. The view from our own pool at Thermes was 150% better then cramming on a street corner with everyone else on the island. That was a 45 min drive and was full of expensive restaurants and tacky tourist places. We're glad we went but have no desire to return. Again, we organised Gregory to pick us up and take us home at the same price a taxi had charged from Aktori to Megalchori!

The best night was when we stayed in the villa and dined with Thermes. Amazing. I sipped champagne on my own deck chair, at my own private pool and watched the sun set with just hubby and with a 180 degree uninterrupted view and a waitress set our outside table like a restaurant and served us a 3 course meal for less than we paid in Oia the night before. Much to say, we never left the villa again for a meal.... Can't be beaten. Breakfast was amazing and endless and all inclusive. Lunch great, dinner terrific from their own garden!

We then moved for one night to Fira to experience the town life and enjoyed it but in terms of the villa at Thermes, it couldn't be topped.

Thermes has a window in every room. We had a massive villa all to ourselves. 3 levels which had a bedroom on the lower but the window faces the footpath - this is not an issue for us as we were last in the line and no one ever walked past. The second bedroom contained a sauna and was not furnished as a bedroom but rather a luxury massive dressing room - suited me! Bathroom with spa bath, Lounge room, kitchenette, big lounge with wireless laptop provided. Second level had a spare bathroom which I preferred to use with a shower, and lounge where I cat napped, read and looked at the view with the door open. Also had fire place here. Stairs up to third level which was essentially a bedroom - again, my cat napping spot! Lots of stairs however you could survive just on the ground floor with a spa bath.

We had a wonderful few days, will return with family and friends and will spend the extra to live alone in the end villa. However, that said, we booked another villa but was upgraded to this one! Lucky us!

Any other questions, feel free to ask however in terms of a great property, we loved it!

Enjoy!

3. Re: Thermes villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2017, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Megalochori