We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Warrington
Level Contributor
69 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Hi all. My wife and I will be staying in AG in July. From what I`ve read the sunbeds are free if you purchase food and drinks at the Tavernas that own them. Could anyone recommend a good spot that also does nice lunch. Does the sea shelve gently or does it go deep quickly.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Hi Tony, my husband & I are heading to the resort a week on Saturday, and we are so looking forward to it. I spend a lot of time reading the restaurant & accommodation reviews on this site, and I remember someone recommended Thalassa, a taverna right on the beach, as being a really good place to have a really nice (and reasonably priced) lunch, then the sunbeds are free if you eat there. Sea Breeze is another one that springs to mind (although I recall it can be choppy that end of the beach). Once we're back and I've had a chance to check them out in person (bring it on!) I'll post again. It's nice to have something to look forward to isnt' it! With regards to non-beach eating, I hear Sebastians is well worth a visit too.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Hi Tony, me again! since my last post I've been reading all about Black Rocks beach cafe, and everyone raves about it, apparently it's away from the hustle & bustle of the regular beach, at the end of the boardwalk and you have to walk across a pebbled beach to get there, but everyone was raving about this place, nice food and they have their own section of beach that you can use, with free sunbeds, drinks delivered to you on the beach, great views. Definitely a place we will try. I'll keep you posted!

Jarrow
Level Contributor
76 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Hello Tony

Black Rocks is nice with the little rock cove area and quieter than the rest of the beach but my top spot would be Thallassa. I loved the set menu for 2 mezes there on a lunch time and bathing in the sea just outside the taverna, plus it's more centralised.

Warrington
Level Contributor
69 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Thanks very much for your replies. It looks like we are going to be spoilt for choice! We are staying at Stevens on the Hill at the end of June. We like to spend the day on the beach with a long lazy lunch then find a good taverna for our evening meal. Let me know how you get on RinaC. Have a great time!

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Hi Tony G, your holiday sounds just like ours.We to are going in July it will be our first trip to Corfu.

Warrington
Level Contributor
69 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Hi Sam. this our second visit to Corfu. Went to Sidari a couple of years ago as a late booking. But not our cup of tea. We prefer more authentic and laid back typical greek village. AG seems the ideal place from all reports.

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

AG is nothing like Sidari. A little beach village in a rural location, with some great tavernas and in a good position for seeing some of the island if you hire a car. I am sure you will love it.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Thanks Tony! Stevens on the Hill is a great place, we have relatives that stay there every year. Really nice pool, very good for food too by all accounts, they really look after people. I'm sure you'll all have a lovely time.

Warrington
Level Contributor
69 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Can anyone help with the sea question? Does the beach shelve gently into the sea or doesit go deep quickly?

Ireland
Level Contributor
291 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunbeds on Agios Gordios beach

Re: sea question, it does shelve quite gently. I would consider it a safe beach for swimming, but aware though, it can get choppy/wavey in the afternoon if a breeze blows up. Agios is a gorgeous little resort, lovely beach with some fab places to eat. Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Agios Gordios