We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearest lidls or equvilent?

Which Agios Gordios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
nearest lidls or equvilent?

Can anyone tell me where the nearest store is to agios gordios please

Devon
Level Contributor
284 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nearest lidls or equvilent?

Hi there. We too will be looking for a supermarket near Agios Gordis/Agios Matheus. We have done some research into the local supermarkets in the area but also found there are Lidl stores on the island. From info on this forum it seems there are several Lidl stores. One is very close to the airport and we think there is another further South where we will be staying. I have had trouble trying to locate stores from Lidl's own website but if you trawl back on this forum to 29th June 2013 there is a thread you may find useful.

Maz.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nearest lidls or equvilent?

Good general supermarkets, but are they really worth the cost & effort of finding them when there will be good local stores near to where you are staying?

Steve

Devon
Level Contributor
284 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nearest lidls or equvilent?

Totally agree. Local stores every time without a shadow of doubt. If we can find a good local food market as well we will be delighted as, for us, shopping in the local stores, bakeries etc adds to the enjoyment of our eating experience. Lidl is a great store but if possible we would choose to buy fresh foods from local shops rather than the pre-packed food we can buy at home. :-)

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nearest lidls or equvilent?

I know things like cornflakes and mouthwash were double/treble the price in 'local' stores on other greek islands such as kos and skiathos....I'm all for supporting local produce and businesses but i just don't like being over charged.

Devon
Level Contributor
284 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nearest lidls or equvilent?

Yes - also agree with that 1Heather2. If some items are double/treble in price we definitely have to be mindful of expense, so in that case we would stock up on certain items from good old Lidl ! (If we can find it!) Whereabouts are you staying? Looks as if Agios Gordis would have some reasonable food shops but we still can't ascertain if there is a largish supermarket in the area. We are a few clicks away from A.G. so if you find any further info I'd be grateful!

Maz.

6. Re: nearest lidls or equvilent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Agios Gordios
Recent Conversations