We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort?

Which Agios Gordios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cumbria
Level Contributor
74 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort?

Thinking of booking a hotel in Agois Gordious in September. Will the weather be ok and secondly can you reach the rest of the island as I wont be hiring a car for the week. Is there taxis and transport links i.e. buses? Any tips would be handy as I have never been to Corfu before .Is this the right resort for a chill out week whilst putting in some exploring? Thanks for any replies..

Edited: 26 July 2014, 20:00
Devon
Level Contributor
110 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort?

You have made a great choice. The resort is picturesque, friendly and chilled. Perfect.There is a bus which runs to Corfu town and possibly to Paleo (not sure of the timetable this year). The town is definitely worth a visit, it's really impressive for such a small island and Paleo is stunning. There are taxis available in the village. Corfu is such a gorgeous island, so diverse and very pretty. I can't comment on the weather as I've never been in September, but rain or shine you've made a great choice.

Leeds
Level Contributor
112 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort?

Hi we went there in June.. lovely resort, we got the bus to Corfu town one evening.and taxi back which was 30 Euro.. we also hired a scooter to explore during the day, never done this before but had great fun.. didn't feel unsafe on the road either. The resort is laid back so great for chilling. Enjoy your holiday. Ali

Cumbria
Level Contributor
74 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort?

Thanks for your replies unfortunately the hotel we were going to is now fully booked. Any similar resorts on the island?

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort?

What are you looking for from the resort?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort?

Was the hotel the AI one??

Cumbria
Level Contributor
74 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which resort?

hi just some where quite and chilled but with enough places to eat and drink but with good links to rest of island wether its buses taxis etc

Cumbria
Level Contributor
74 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which resort?

hi just some where quite and chilled but with enough places to eat and drink but with good links to rest of island wether its buses taxis etc

and yes it was the agios gordios beach hotel I think

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which resort?

You could look at the Adonis Asonitis in Kalami on the North East coast. Picturesque small village, handful of tavernas and on the bus route for Corfu Town and Kassiopi.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which resort?

Looks like the OP want's an AI hotel which is a shame. All those beautiful Tavernas and bars all over the island!!

Cumbria
Level Contributor
74 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which resort?

Not bothered about Ai just a chilled out resort im sure I never said that. Thanks for your replies ill endevour to keep looking.

Get answers to your questions about Agios Gordios