We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

Hi can anyone give me any information on getting a taxi from Mytilene airport to Skala Kallonis? I have been quoted £200 for my transfers from my holiday company and thought this was a bit steep. Would it be cheaper to get a taxi from the airport?

Thanks in advance

Kelly

8 replies to this topic
South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,534 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

That is ridiculous! Google "Lesvos Taxis" who are based in Petra - their price list is on their website. Sorry I can't post a link from mobile but someone else will chip in if you cannot find them. Alternatively ask your hotel for a recommendation.

You need to pre-book - not sure airport taxis will be happy to go that far & they also would be expensive.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,534 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

Looks like their 2014 price one way is 55€.

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

Thank you! I couldn't believe how much the prices were at all. I even looked at going somewhere else but I have now got my mind set on this Island/resort. Can you please tell me what website you got the 55 euro quote off. Thanks.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,534 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

Hi Kelly - I'm now on my PC so here is the link to the company I mentioned above. You'll see they have a very informative website with a price list of the most popular routes. For other journeys you just ask them of course & they give quotes - all the contact details are on the site & they speak English, which always helps!!

http://lesvostaxiservice.webs.com/

Although Lesvos is a large island it's quite a quick journey to SK these days thanks to improved roads so you'll be whisked to your hotel in under an hour. Should warn you that Lesvos is very addictive - as you will see from the large & friendly crowd of regulars on this forum. If you need any help or advice just ask - we're all happy to help & will always move over & find a virtual spare chair for a new visitor!!

Do consider hiring a car for a few days - SK is a good base for some days out to explore this very diverse island - you get 3 or 4 different islands in one package as the sceneray & terrain varies a lot between the arid treeless west, the lush greener south & the hilly north. The best guide is the Sunflower Walking Guide, which is great for non-walkers as it has several car tours & lots of places of interest you can visit on foot or by car of course. Happy planning!

Edited: 07 June 2014, 10:16
England
Level Contributor
12 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

Thank you so much for all your help. I will be booking asap and can't wait to visit.

Kelly

England
Level Contributor
12 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

Holiday booked :-)

Can you recommend any car hire websites? Or is it better to shop around once there?

Kelly

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

A lot of us use Costas and Alisons's business for car hire. Send them an email as they often give discounts online http://www.lesvoscarhire.com/

Very friendly and reliable.

There are other companies that are as reliable, but we have been very happy.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis

Got to be fair to Local Car hire. Dimitris is very good and based in Skala Kalloni

here is his website http://www.dimitrisrentacar.gr/

Have heard nothing but good things about his service but have never used him ourselves.

Reply to: Taxi prices from Mytilene Airport to Skala Kallonis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skala Kallonis
Recent Conversations