We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fraser Island Day Trips

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fraser Island Day Trips

Hi, I guess they vary but can anyone give me an idea of the per person cost for a day trip to Fraser Island from Noosaville? We think we might like to go but I would like some advice on what would be a typical day trip itinerary. I don't fancy spending most of my day just driving around and I am wondering if this would be the case. Can anyone reccomend a good company to go with? Many thanks.

1 reply
australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fraser Island Day Trips

a day trip ex hervey bay (nice and closer to Fraser) will be more relaxed but as you will be in noosa thats not a possible.....you need to appreciate the distance to the island from noosa (or Brisbane for some), thus much of the day is traveling to/from fraser, and it can be a very long day...and then to see the sights its more driving on the island...its not somewhere you can just arrive and walk about and see a great deal.....if your idea of a day is to spend it swimming or laying on a beach best stay somewhere local near Noosa....the Fraser tours usually include a drive over the sand tracks (roads) seeing forest and a fresh water lake for a swim, a drive on the beach and lunch somewhere along the way....the hervey bay tours travel the north part of Fraser and include viewing a ship wreck (some well rusted metal), the Noosa/brisbane ones stick more to the south.....often a dingo is sighted somewhere on your tour.

Edited: 07 March 2013, 09:20
Reply to: Fraser Island Day Trips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Noosaville