We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from PanCan Rail station in Colon to the bus station

NYC
12 posts
Save Topic
Getting from PanCan Rail station in Colon to the bus station

My boyfriend and I plan to visit Isla Grande. Since the Panama Canal Railway is supposed to be so beautiful and such an amazing experience, we'd like to take the train from Panama City to Colon, and then a Guayra, where you catch a small ferry/boat to Isla Grande. But I cannot seem to find a single bit of information online about how one gets from the Colon Railway station to the Colon bus station. Are there plenty of taxis at the train station? How far apart are the two stations? Is there a shuttle between them? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Grande
Isla Grande
223 Reviews
Colon, Panama
Panama Canal Railway
Panama Canal Railway
192 Reviews
Colon, Panama
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Colon
Colon
Colon Province, Panama
Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from PanCan Rail station in Colon to the bus station

The train is a great trip - only Monday to Friday but not on holidays and it leaves the Corozal station at 7:15am sharp - no Panamanian time here. There are always taxis at the train station when you arrive - you might be better off seeing how much one of them will take you to La Guayra for - you will waste a fair amount of time with the buses - not sure if buses run from Colon direct to La Guayra or if you have to switch in Sabanitas. Also the buses on that route are in very poor shape and drive like maniacs (having been almost hit by them numerous times). Once in La Guayra (one horse town without the horse) you will find the small launches that run across the channel to Isla Grande - they go when full and it's only 5 minutes across - last time I went it was $2.00 each way - can't see it being too much more.

Cheers,

Andrew

Mentioned in this post
Colon
Colon
Colon Province, Panama
Isla Grande
Isla Grande
223 Reviews
Colon, Panama
NYC
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from PanCan Rail station in Colon to the bus station

This is so helpful -- and very appreciated. Thanks so much!

3. Re: Getting from PanCan Rail station in Colon to the bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Isla Grande