We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

We are staying on the Bukit Peninsula and we are going to travel round it to see a couple of the sites.

It seems Uluwatu temple is an obvious choice, although I'm not sure whether to watch the dance or just enjoy the sunset....

What else do you like around the Peninsula - places to eat, beautiful views....

We are traveling with our 8 month old baby.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

balangan

has nice views from the top cliffs above the beach, a cool temple at the far south of the beach with apath winding around the cliff base, nice beach to walk, nice swimming in the north corner, lots of eating places.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

the beach at padang padang is worth a visit. there are some small warungs down there for food and drinks. umbrellas for hire and the water is usually nice and clean. a small reef break out the back if you fancy a surf. at low tide you can walk along and marvel at the various buildings built on/in the cliffs.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
613 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

We had a massage then dinner at Karma Kandara. The massage was in the most beautiful setting with the room sitting on the edge of a cliff and they opened the windows up so we could hear the waves crashing below. Was expensive but a great experience. We then went down to Nammos Beach and had dinner on the beach. Was very relaxed and would be fine to take your baby.

Checiny, Poland
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

blue point nice view, having lunch in one of the cliff restaurant , watching the surfer waiting for the big wave

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
119 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

My favorite spot there is Suluban beach, also known as blue point beach. The landscape and the sunset is amazing.

But it involves walking down the stairs and it's bit of a pain especially when you have 8 month old baby.

You may also want to try dreamland beach, it's quite nice.

Or you can head to Ayana hotel for its rock bar cafe. it is very expensive but worth a try once in lifetime.

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

Geger Beach, Nusa Dua is great for toddlers especially at low tide when they can paddle. It is protected by a reef and does not have the surf waves found on the west of the Bukit.

For great food on the way to Uluwatu a small Warung called Dusun., almost opposite the new petrol station about 1km south of Nirmala supermarket.

Dreamland in the opinion of many has been spoilt by the new developments.

For the old surfing beaches try Balangan just to the south of Dreamland. It is how Dreamland used to be.

Oh my real favourite place ? My place :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! :-) My trip is coming up really soon. Getting quite excited. I hadn't heard about Blue Point Beach and the view there, so more reading. :-)

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

Tangjung Benoa is a great spot at the end of the day, and plenty of nice places to eat and great places to shop at also

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

Oh dear! So many choices. Karma Kandara looks amazing, but I am wondering if adding that would be too much as I was already looking at Belangan beach in the morning at Jimbaran, break at lunch time for baby nap time, then blue point / suluban beach or padang padang beach in afternoon along with visit to Uluwatu temple....

Marikina...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best of the Bukit Peninsula... what are your favourites?

Hi!

I want to see/experience the 6 Bukit Peninsula beaches that many rave about (Balangan beach, Dreamland, Nusa Dua beach, Geger beach, Karma Kandara/Bayan Tree resorts, and Uluwatu beach) in January 2013. However, I will only spend 6 whole days in Bali, and I'm planning to spend 3 days of it visiting temples, villages, and some Kuta/Seminyak nightlife. That leaves me 2 or 3 more days.

I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with:

Is it possible to visit all these 6 beaches within 2 or 3 consecutive days? Maybe spend at least 4 hours on each beach?

And do I need to charter a car (I don't drive) to get around, or are there enough bemos/taxis/buses that I could flag down in between?

I do a little surfing, sure. But I'm all about doing practically nothing whenever I'm on the beach. After days of touring around Bali, I sure would salivate for a couple more days to just beach bum.

I would appreciate any help! Thank you! ^^