We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crozon - detailed map & walks

Which Crozon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Crozon - detailed map & walks

We're off to Crozon in June, staying in a villa at Le Fret. We're keen walkers & love coastal walks. Does anybody know of any book of walks in the area, preferably in English but failing that I could try and translate from French. Also, can anybody recommend any good maps for walking?

7 replies to this topic
Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Crozon - detailed map & walks

You'll find some ideas, here:

randogps.net/en/…

IGN maps (institut géographique national) for sale in every major supermarket and sports store.Many local guidebooks too.

Bonne rando.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Crozon - detailed map & walks

pagesjaunes.fr/trouverlesprofessionnels/rech…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,481 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crozon - detailed map & walks

The links you were given above are excellent and the IGN maps are the best resource for hiking in France. I wouldn't worry about language issues. When you arrive on the Crozon peninsula stop at the tourist office in Crozon and they'll have plenty of info about hikes (maps, brochures, books) and at least some of it should be in English. You can also go to to some of the bookstores, magazine stores, supermarkets or other touristy stores in Crozon and find books/maps/info about hikes in the area. There are loads of hiking trails in this and every region of France and on the Crozon peninsula you won't be lacking for coastal walks.

Edited: 08 March 2014, 01:28
Astoria, NY
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crozon - detailed map & walks

I highly recommend the walk from Morgat to Cap de la Chèvre then up to Le Pointe de Dinan.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
527 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crozon - detailed map & walks

I agree with the previous poster about walking Cap de la Chevre!! It's lovely!

Make sure you have good footwear, the first part out of Morgat is a bit tricky.

Also, I can recommend to take the bus (or car) to, for instance, St Nic, and take a walk up the Menez Hom. It's not a coastal walk, but you get a view of the whole Crozon peninsula and the Douarnenez bay.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crozon - detailed map & walks

Might not be a typical coastal walk but there is a great large beach at St Nic, when the sea is out it is really wide too.

Lechlade, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Crozon - detailed map & walks

The GR34 coastal path is shown on the blue IGN maps (1:250,000) 0418ET Camaret, Presqu'ile de Crozon., the paths are all well signposted with red and white stickers. The headlands are mostly near enough so you can do a there and back to the car park walk. The maps can be easily picked up in France or ordered from Amazon. Stamford 's on Long Acre near Covent Garden London also stock most of the IGN maps

Reply to: Crozon - detailed map & walks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crozon