We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Espiguette , Serignan and Cap D'adge

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Espiguette , Serignan and Cap D'adge

We're staying near Marseillan Plage. D'adge sounds like fun but maybe too much fun. It's been suggested I find some more tranquil beaches. We're just looking to relax and ignore the world while it ignores us.

Espiguette sounds perfect but it might be too far. Is the drive one hour?

Serignan is closer but the reviews seem mixed.

I'm getting the impression that we can drive to the Marseillan beach parking and just walk to Cap D'adge? Is it easier to park here then the main entrance? The walk won't bother us. Does the beach just continue ? Is there some sort of sign showing the change?

The plan is to spend a couple of days at D'adge. Then split the rest of the time with the other beaches.

6 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,366 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Espiguette , Serignan and Cap D'adge

Zoom in on google earth and you can see from above

http://tinyurl.com/qacfy3f

Espiguette is way past Montpellier

https://goo.gl/maps/wefcW

Edited: 09 June 2014, 11:15
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Espiguette , Serignan and Cap D'adge

So do you think the long drive to Espiguette isn't worth it?

Thanks for the links.

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Espiguette , Serignan and Cap D'adge

L'Espiguette has other attractions ... google it !

If you want a quiet beach walk from Palavas towards Maguelone. Again you can see it with google :

http://goo.gl/maps/Vi3CY

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Espiguette , Serignan and Cap D'adge

Like I said Espiguette sounds perfect. With an early start I think a morning there is on the schedule.

Palavas sounds interesting to.

Is Serignan okay? It's labelled a family beach so I'm guessing calm and sedate?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,366 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Espiguette , Serignan and Cap D'adge

If you are visiting in high season, just bear in mind that parking is an issue and Sundays better avoided. There is also a long, nice stretch of mostly wild beach towards Sète, but cannot recall if there is a nude section. Sorry, do not know much about Sérignan, but perhaps you can repoart back after your visit :)?

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Espiguette , Serignan and Cap D'adge

Parking might still be free next to the Camping de l'Espiguette (point B) ,whereas the Baronnets car park , official parking place for the Espiguette beach, is not...cheap.

Not much conveniences for the price.

There is a great distance from the "free"car park to the nearest shore(approx.10 minutes uneasy walk ) due to the accumulation of sand in that section. Like most beaches in the country,the rest of the 8km long Espiguette is unfortunately subject to sand loss and destruction of the dunes after each wintery storm.

You may have to pay less in Palavas ,for Maguelone beach near the Abbey.In the evening do expect traffic jams.

Reply to: Espiguette , Serignan and Cap D'adge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marseillan Plage