We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

may half term weather.

1 post
Save Topic
may half term weather.

Hello,we are thinking of a holiday to marseillan plage in the may half term(22nd may) for 1 week and wondered what the weather is usually like at that time of year, I have heard that it can be very windy,too windy for the beach even and wondered if anyone knew if that was true.Any replies would be much appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: may half term weather.

Four years ago we spent the entire month of June inland not far from Marseillan Plage which we visited a couple of times. The second week we had a three day spell of cool, rainy windy weather. Based upon that experience I would say you shouldn't count on good weather in May.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
32,721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: may half term weather.

Weather is very, very variable so a one off experience several years ago will not give you the full picture. I have had everything from glorious beach weather to rain for days on end and even storms (spent every May in the area since 2007). There is wind all year on the coast - it is certainly not exclusive to May. Rainy and windy weather is rare. Sunny days with winds from the north are frequent and sometimes the winds are quite strong for days.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: may half term weather.

"I have had everything from glorious beach weather to rain for days on end and even storms"

Precisely the point I was making,

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,546 posts
1,045 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: may half term weather.

The weather all over the Med has become more unpredictable and nit so good in April and May over the last decade or so (or so it seems). If you look at the weather history for Bezier/Vias for last year, you will see that the maximum temperature varied from 15C to 26C, with a considerable number of cool days. See - www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city

Reply to: may half term weather.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marseillan Plage