We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to get to Ngwe Saung

UK
Level Contributor
615 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
How much to get to Ngwe Saung

I am thinking of flying to Pathein how much would it cost to get onwards transport to Ngwe Saung by car.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

If you contact your hotel in Panthein, they will be able to give you prices for this trip.

UK
Level Contributor
615 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

I am flying in to Panthein and going straight on to Ngwe Shwe and I am only staying at a small place there Shwe Hin Guest house and I can't find an email address for them.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

Maybe mail an agency (that we recommend on these forums) and get some estimates...

UK
Level Contributor
615 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

I have organised my whole trip with an agency I just wanted a comparison to know if this rate is good.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

As I said, I would ask another agency for a quote, that is what I have done to get price comparisons.

Everywhere
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

Traveling from Yangon to Ngwe Saung via Pathein is possible using either a hired taxi (though very pricey, most of them will ask for a very high price, but its negotiable downwards, even though not significantly) a public bus (air-con or no-air-con) as well as transport arranged through your travel agency.

There are several bus lines going from Yangon to Ngwe Saung on a daily basis, departure is usually at the Hlaing Tharya Bus Terminal, a bit outside of Yangon, depending on where you stay in Yangon the taxi fare to that place is rather affordable.

There is one busline that departs from Yangon at about 17:00 in the afternoon, is fully airconditioned and arrives at Ngwe Saung in the early morning hours, I recomment to check with the hotel whether a very very early check in time would be possible since normal check and out times are around lunch time for almost all hotels worldwide.

The bus line has an office in Yangon. The hotel in Yangon should be able to call the office of the bus line in Yangon to inquire about departure and arrival times and dates more precisely as well as the cost for a ticket, but its significantly cheaper than by taxi.

UK
Level Contributor
615 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

We have now been to Ngwe Saung and after finding there is a deluxe bus that leaves on friday and returns on monday. We found an agency with a mini van going down empty and booked it for $100 but returned on the bus leaving at 6.30am which took 6 hours for $8. Taxi want $350. I felt you had to be dedicated to get to the beach as the bus only stops twice but in saying that it is the most beautiful quiet beach,

UK
Level Contributor
615 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

We have now been to Ngwe Saung and after finding there is a deluxe bus that leaves on friday and returns on monday. We found an agency with a mini van going down empty and booked it for $100 but returned on the bus leaving at 6.30am which took 6 hours for $8. Taxi want $350. I felt you had to be dedicated to get to the beach as the bus only stops twice but in saying that it is the most beautiful quiet beach,

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
115 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

Hi - we wen tthere in January. We caught a bus from Hlaing Tharya Bus Terminal leaving at 9:30am and arrived in Pathien at about 1:30pm. This was 10 000K. A pick-up across Pathien was 500K and then the minibus to Ngwe Saung was 3 000K arriving at the beach at 4:30pm. For the return there's a coach straight through to Hlaing Tharya Bus Terminal in Yangon, leaving the beach at 6:30am and arriving at 12:15pm for 8 000K. We were a bit disappointed in the beach - great sunsets and not too many tourists but quite a few locals whizzing up an ddown on motorbikes. But you have to go there to see what it's like.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much to get to Ngwe Saung

The following information are the Yangon -Ngwe Saung -Yangon Information.

Direct to Ngwe Saung

1. TAXI from Yangon- Ngwe Saung

The cost of YGN - Ngwe Saung Beach the taxi price is 170 US$ (for one

way) with Saloon car for two person.

2. The Direct Shuttle Bus from Yangon to Ngwe Saung & Back (Shwe Pyi Lwin/Myint Buses)

The bus fare is Kyats 9,000 and it leaves at 6:00 Am from Yangon

Highway Bus Station (Hlaing Tharyar Bus Station)and also back from

Ngwe Saung daily at 6:00 Am from the entrance of Ngwe Saung Town.

3. The Friday go & Monday return shuttle bus from Yangon to & fro Ngwe Saung

The fare is about US$ 20 per pax and will reach directly to Ngwe saung

Beach from Yangon & back.

(The bus leaves from Yangon at night around 10 pm on Friday and arrive

very early about 5:00Am in Saturday to Ngwe Saung & return at 9:00 Am

on Monday).