We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ngwe Saung To Yangon airport?

Warwick, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Ngwe Saung To Yangon airport?

Hi,

Can anyone advise what the transport options from getting from Ngwe Saung beach to Yangon (RGN) airport for a 3pm flight? I am aware there is a 6.30am direct bus to yangon that arrives at 12.30/1pm. Is it easy to get a taxi from the bus station to the airport? how long does this take and how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks for any advice

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ngwe Saung To Yangon airport?

We took the bus from Ngwe Saung Beach to Yangon and arrived around 12.30pm. It`s easy to find a taxi at the bus station, they seem to wait already for the people arriving with this bus. Anyway, the bus station is quite far out and it took us over half an hour to get to our hotel which is a bit north of the Shwegadon Pagoda. Apparently from our hotel it takes again about half an hour to the airport. Never gone directly from the bus station to the airport I don`t really know how long it really takes but I guess you should allow at least an hour if not a bit more.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ngwe Saung To Yangon airport?

The following information are the Yangon -Ngwe Saung -Yangon Information.

Direct to Ngwe Saung

1. TAXI from Yangon- Ngwe Saung

The cost of YGN - Ngwe Saung Beach the taxi price is 170 US$ (for one

way) with Saloon car for two person.

2. The Direct Shuttle Bus from Yangon to Ngwe Saung & Back (Shwe Pyi Lwin/Myint Buses)

The bus fare is Kyats 9,000 and it leaves at 6:00 Am from Yangon

Highway Bus Station (Hlaing Tharyar Bus Station)and also back from

Ngwe Saung daily at 6:00 Am from the entrance of Ngwe Saung Town.

3. The Friday go & Monday return shuttle bus from Yangon to & fro Ngwe Saung

The fare is about US$ 20 per pax and will reach directly to Ngwe saung

Beach from Yangon & back.

(The bus leaves from Yangon at night around 10 pm on Friday and arrive

very early about 5:00Am in Saturday to Ngwe Saung & return at 9:00 Am

on Monday).

Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ngwe Saung To Yangon airport?

Hello - thanks so much for this great info. How / where is best place in YGN to hire a taxi for Ngwe Saung? We arrive at a bus station coming from Bagan by JJ Express, so guess there will be taxis waiting... but will they do that long route so flexible?

Thanks for input!

4. Re: Ngwe Saung To Yangon airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 19:15