We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental cottage/cabin

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
rental cottage/cabin

My husband and I plan to go to Northeast Kingdom next June. Am trying to find a waterfront cottage/cabin steps from the water. A boat on the property for the use of guest would be ideal. Also a full kitchen and television. Would really like view of the mountains. Something quiet, a small place. Would like to be close to moose alley. Having trouble finding what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

4 replies to this topic
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental cottage/cabin

Its not in the NEK and heck...not even Vermont. Tall Timber Lodge in Pittsburg NH is what you are describing. Its in Pittsburg NH right on back lake. Close to Vermont. Right in Moose Alley. They main lodge has a few rooms you can rent and they also have cabins. Boat access. Excellent restaurant. We've been a couple times and highly recommend it.

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Tall Timber Lodge
Tall Timber Lodge
391 Reviews
Pittsburg, NH
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rental cottage/cabin

thanks for your reply, vter. I have looked at Tall Timber Lodge but wondered about how quiet it would be. I remember looking at the cabins. Have you stayed in the cabins, and if so, recommend one more "away from it all" but steps from the water? Did look nice! Are you familiar with White Birch Lodge in West Charleston, Vt? Prox l hr from Pittsburg, NH. Partridge Cabins in Pittsburg? I've been all over the internet !!!

Mentioned in this post
Tall Timber Lodge
Tall Timber Lodge
391 Reviews
Pittsburg, NH
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental cottage/cabin

Pittsburg is REALLY quiet. It's a teeny, tiny town. We only have stayed in the lodge. If I remember correctly all the cabins are on the water and they are near eachother but not on top of eachother. Not familiar with the place in West Charleston.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: rental cottage/cabin

Consider Peacham Pond in Peacham:

vermontproperty.com/detail/…

or Great Hosmer in Craftsbury:

vermontproperty.com/detail/…

Both offer exactly what you describe. Television might not be easy to come by in a small summer rental in the Kingdom. You might need a DVD player and a fistfull of your favorite DVD's.

Reply to: rental cottage/cabin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Northeast Kingdom