We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to area in Feb/ March 2014

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to area in Feb/ March 2014

Hoping to cross through Kawthaung Ranong entry point. Any advice on how to explore the area. Are there any ferries to the Myeik archipelago, even for a day trip ? We do not plan a guided tour .

We visited Myanmar in 2011, and did the Yangon/ Mandalay/ Inle Lake/ Bagan, and are anxious to return, but would like to visit the southern area from Thailand. Any help would be welcome.

4 replies to this topic
Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to area in Feb/ March 2014

You can get ferries in Kawthaung Ranong. I have been that place last 3 years. So I had a good knowledge about that area. Myeik archi pelago are very beautiful.

Iklin
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to area in Feb/ March 2014

Hi, my friend and I are hoping to do exactly the same thing in Feb 2014... Ive been to Thailand and I found it very easy to get around but have never been to Burma. We want to visit the Mergui archipelago and were finding it difficult to find any info on how to get there and places to stay...

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to area in Feb/ March 2014

Hello,

I am also looking to go on a boat trip through the Mergui archipelago for around 4 days at some stage in February. I am considering entering Myanmar through Ranong/Kawthaung and then travelling on to Yangon and around the northern parts of Burma either before or afterwards.

I am interested to know what options might be available in February 2014. I will be travelling with a friend. From my few web searches, it looks as though it might be possible to charter a boat to explore the area through some of the companies that advertise Mergui tours, if you have six people interested (approx. $500USD per person for a four day inclusive trip). That might be an option if dates align.

Cheers,

Paul.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to area in Feb/ March 2014

we are also looking at doing a southern tour starting 15/2/14...we are 2 seasoned travellers looking at buying land in the myek island area... have been to myanmar a few times but never to the south...island cruise is an option for us... anyone out there how want to join in... we are still open from where we are entering myanmar... but soon need to book something....

Reply to: Travelling to area in Feb/ March 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Myeik (Mergui...
More Myeik (Mergui) Archipelago Topics