We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majorda

London,UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Majorda

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent and reasonably priced hotel not too far from Alila Diwa, Majorda.

Cheers

19 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Majorda

Mita04

Alila Diwa, why not stay there?

If not try Majorda Beach Hotel (over-run by drunk russians).

Or try any Colva hotel.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Majorda

There is Martin's Comfort near the Alila.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,862 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majorda

There's also Palm View, which is tiny, about a 20 minute walk from the Alila Diwa - more of a guest house really, but does have a pool. It's clean but basic. There are also the Nanu, Ala Goa and Coconut Grove in Betalbatim which aren't very far away.

England
Level Contributor
26 posts
513 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majorda

I would suggest The Majorda Beach Resort.if it suits your pocket. It has had many negative postings but we have looked at many other hotels and guest houses and have never found any other accommodation which we would prefer. We have lost count of the number of times we have stayed there!

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majorda

Martins Comfort looks really nice, 5 minutes from the Alila. Walked through the Majorda Beach a couple of times and didn't like the look of it and the locals now call it "Little Moscow".

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Majorda

days inn top of majorda main street crackin place.

England
Level Contributor
26 posts
513 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majorda

I have read the other comments. I suggest that you read our reviews of the Majorda Beach Resort. In our opinion it offers more than many of the other hotels mentioned such as it is right on the beach and it is very close to a village with many facilities. Neither of these is so available with the other hotels suggested.

Level Contributor
149 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majorda

We love the Majorda Beach hotel but were unable to book it this year.

So, we have booked for 2 weeks in the Heritage and we plan to walk down to Majorda to spend our days at our favourite beach shacks. The walk takes about 20 to 25 minutes but it is nice and relaxing and very beautiful.

We have read some of the negative reviews of the Majorda and the Russians and yes, they can be a bit loud but so can us Brits as well.

It is a really good hotel and well located

England
Level Contributor
26 posts
513 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majorda

We know a number of people who have tried to book into the Majorda Beach Resort without success and have been forced to go elsewhere. The only UK travel agent that deals with Majorda is Jewel in the Crown. We use them but book very early, like Jan/Feb for the following season. We were informed by one of the Russian Reps that there used to be 50 rooms allocated to them but last year we were told it was now 90 rooms out of the 120. Have you tried booking direct with the Majorda or even though the Trip Advisor adverts and then travel independently? We have commented on the Russians in our last review of the Majorda but we have not found them to be a major problem only occasionally, and in the past their Reps have been very helpful.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majorda

My Dad/me have property in the village. Apartment above Niles Shop by the church.Round the corner I'm a regular to Fernandez Bar, Cruz&Ensa. Dad lives there now albeit the 180 days in,60 days out India Visa rules. Beach - I always hit Aquarian Shack first as Samson one of my best mates. 2ndly Mishmar as Camilo a great friend too.I'm from Sheffield but expatted now thru' work. Back to Majorda after Easter next year for 3 wks.Tip - if you're on a long one fly Qatar Airways to Bangalore, stay a day or 2 as great place then internal flight ie Jet Airways up to Dabolim Airport as 1 hr flight for approx £25 each way. I just checked prices and £531 return altho you can mix & match ie Bangalore route & return from Dabolim.

For those that get to the end of this post there are many Russians staying in the Majorda Beach Resort and milling around in the village at night. No hassle as they like to shop without buying so don't be put off by them. Other option for you is to book into the Alila Diwal which is 5 mins from where I am.Voted one of the 10 must visit places for a perfect Spa experience in the Sunday Times Dec 2012. Any Q's post a reply pls & I'll answer as best I can

Reply to: Majorda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Majorda
Recent Conversations