We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the dives around Jibacoa?

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
How are the dives around Jibacoa?

Hi, people have said snorkling is great in front of the hotel, but what about scuba diving? Is there a dive shop in Jibacoa?

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How are the dives around Jibacoa?

Yep, both the Breezes and Villas Jibacoa have a dive op. I'm certified, but between the awesome snorkeling and spending a few days in Havana, I didn't end up diving.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How are the dives around Jibacoa?

We've been diving with the operators at both Jibacoa resorts.

At the Breezes, certified divers get one free dive per week as part of the all-inclusive package. Breezes has a decent (for Cuba) dive boat whereas the CVJ guys take you out with a pedal boat so clearly the Breezes offers more variety in diving spots to take you to. They do a shallow and deep dive each day, weather permitting of course.

Diving at Jibacoa is OK but not as good as in other places like Hawaii, Maldives, Australia, etc.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
241 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How are the dives around Jibacoa?

Snorkelling is pretty good at Breezes, but the best stuff is all in shallower water and near the surface, so the experience is not that much improved by diving. Some people we met from Germany who regularly dive the Red Sea and brought all their diving equipment to Cuba were very disappointed. If you want to dive in Cuba, there are better spots. I hear the best is at Maria de la Gorda on the far western tip of the island. There's no all inclusive accommodation there, but there are hotels.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How are the dives around Jibacoa?

We were at Breezes in April and I did the shallow dive. It was pretty decent, with lots of fish and some nice coral tunnels the guide takes you through. There are two old cannons that have been abandoned out on the reef, and they make nice photographs. We're going back next year and I'll go on the dive again.

5. Re: How are the dives around Jibacoa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz del Norte
Recent Conversations