We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years eve in Cuba

Brantford, Ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
New Years eve in Cuba

Hi I'm booking Breezs Jibacoa for a Dec- Jan trip, and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a New years eve celebration/ party at this resort.

england
Level Contributor
360 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

Hi -we have booked to go Dec 28th with Virgin - I am presuming there will be some kind of celebration included in the AI, would be good if someone who stayed last year could give some information (dress code etc)

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

As far as I know the Breezes Jibacoa always has one.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

New years eve is a big celebration at Jibacoa. They put on a big show, with each table/group getting a bottle of bubbly and everyone gets a little party bag with party hats, garlands etc. There's a great party atmosphere - we fully intend to return for Xmas/New Year again.

Ka-bee - there is no dress code for the new years eve celebrations, it can be as casual or as dressy as you want it to be. The only dress codes at Jibacoa are for the restaurants - buffet, no swimwear and footwear must be worn. For the a la cartes you can't wear shorts, jeans or tank tops.

Hope this helps.

england
Level Contributor
360 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

Thanks for the info- it sounds lovely! Really looking forward to it!

Brantford, Ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

Thanks everyone for the info. We were at Breezes Runaway bay Jamaica for new years last year and this sounds about the same type of celebration. I'm glad as last years was very memorable. See you there ka-bee

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

Hope you both enjoy it - I am very jealous! ;)

england
Level Contributor
360 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

Yes I'm sure we will, don't think we'll take the ballgowns and dinner jackets though, some hotels we have stayed at have had a strict black tie policy but this sounds a little more relaxed.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

It's a lot more relaxed than that ka-bee!!

england
Level Contributor
360 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

Well, we English have to set a certain standard when abroad!

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Years eve in Cuba

We spent New Years Eve at Breezes Jibacoa in 2009, and a massive party takes place in the pool area on NYE. As Amanda says lots of party hats and bubbly etc.... All of the staff are free to join in which makes it a little more special. The buffet makes a special effort on this evening as well with roast turkey being the main dish. We had a great time and are returning this year on 24th December till Jan 4th.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz del Norte
Recent Conversations