We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

London Ontario
9 posts
Save Topic
What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

One last question....

Just trying to pack and just wondering whats acceptable clothing for guys to wear to a la cartes? Does it have to be dress pants and shoes or can you get away with dressy shorts and a nice shirt? or jeans??

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Amy

Toronto
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

Jeans and a shirt are fine. Hubby always wears jeans. We have been going to BJ for 11 years now. You will have a great time.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

Though it is nicer to put on a casual pair of light, long pants and shirt for the dinner in the ala carte.

After all it is fancier table service and part of the fun at resorts as a break from the buffett. By the way our favorite there is always the Italian, my husband loves the steak, always perfect and I the red snapper - melt in your mouth.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,064 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

Your hubby could be turned away for dressy shorts as they do state no shorts ..long pants

Edited: 12 February 2012, 19:21
St Thomas - Ontario
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

For men, long pants only. Dress pants, casual pants or jeans are acceptable. Shorts are not.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

Have they changed the rule about jeans? Jeans were previously listed as a no-no for the a la cartes, and I have seen guests turned away for turning up wearing jeans - just wondering!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,064 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

Amanda I have seen people turned away for jeans and yet other times have seen people wearing them in the a la cartes. I wouldn't chance jeans...

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

Traveller666, that's what I was thinking!! We have seen people turned away for wearing jeans and shorts over the years, but have seen just as many allowed in. Best not to chance it to save the hassle.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,064 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

Amanda I always find jeans in most cases too warm for down south. There is also a new manager in Martinos who is excellent at his job and he likes appropriate atttire.

Edited: 13 February 2012, 17:18
Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

Traveller666, me too - far too hot and humid!! I haven't been back to Jibacoa yet since German left, good to hear they have a good replacement for him.

Edited: 13 February 2012, 18:51
Hawkesbury, Canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to wear to a la cartes at BJ?

What about capri pants for men? Anybody have info?

Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz del Norte
Recent Conversations