We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine

KENt
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Wine

Hi Is the white wine really as bad as some guests say? We dont drink cocktails or beer.I know you can purchase wine at meal times.Just wondered what the general wine is like.? Thank you.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine

Hi What hotel ? We stayed at the Breezes, Wine was ok but not the best but drinkable, At the alacarte was much better,

KENt
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine

Hi Breezes Jibacoa.Thanks for your reply.We have never been to Cuba and spent a couple of weeks in dominican where the wine was awful.now I am worrying about the hotel negative reviews! we are going the very end of June for two weeks..

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine

Negative reviews of what ?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine

The wine is more than drinkable at the Breezes, they have a better wine in the ala cartes and as of last year they have started having other bottles that you can purchase if you want something a little nicer.

We find when on holiday at a tropical resort for the most part the house wines are good enough. We too travelled in the Dominican and often their house wine was not drinkable so stuck to cocktails and cervasa.

All resorts get mixed reviews, read them with a critical eye. What is important to you? It is amazing what things people can get quite upset about and it "ruins" their entire vacation.

The Breezes is the only resort in Cuba we have been to twice, we find their food, drinks and service consistently good. The resort is in a very beautiful, quiet area with fabulous snorkeling. The rooms are comfortable and clean.

saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine

Wine at "a la cartes" is generally better. The last couple of hotels I stayed at had a Spanish wine called Legitimo. I drink red and it is not bad. Never tasted the white.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine

Hola

have been to BJ's 10 times, for me cannot drink the house wine, the a la cartes are much better. The store at the hotel sells very good wines at say 8 cuc's, which is cheaper than home here in B.C. another option which is a simple fix.

cheers.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine

Most resorts are similar. House not so good, A la Carte, better , not too bad of a selection in the shops. As Ron mentioned, inexpensive to purchase.

Don't forget to ask your Barman to fill your soft sided cooler bag with ice. Then buy wine and tinies and head for the beach !

Salud!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine

We have also stayed at PCV were we like so much. We got speaking to the bar maid in her language and got served only the best wine, We tried this at Breezes but only got what we got. At PCV we had some nice Chilian wine at the snack bar

KENt
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine

Hi Thanks for your reply.I speak fluent spanish so ok that wont get me anywhere at the bar.I wasnt thinking that I would get better service.Only asking the quality of the wine served there.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine

I just got back from my 11th visit to BJ. I like the sparkling wine they serve. The a la carte wines are good but I don't drink the wine in the buffet.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz del Norte
Recent Conversations