We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All by myself......

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
All by myself......

Hello fellow travellers, I have been to this resort previously with a friend and loved it but am thinking of going next year on my own. I am nearly 40 and am happy in my own company but do you think its a good idea? I am not sure on 1 week or 2 based on that I am from the UK, flight taking nearly 10 hours!! Is it worth it for one week only?

I would still go on any excursions that I fancied as I am not afraid to take the initiative and book them with the rep or whoever is recommended. I would like to know your opinion on this.

8 replies to this topic
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All by myself......

Which resort have you been to?

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All by myself......

Breezes Jibacoa, apologies I thought I was on their forum.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All by myself......

If you have been before, some of the staff will probably remember you so, If I was you I would book for 2 weeks without a thought. I am sure you will get loads of company if you want it and when you want to be alone that would be ok also. I am sure you would enjoy it.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,349 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All by myself......

I travel solo all the time and have been to Breezes twice on my own. No problems. If you crave company there is usually someone around to spend time with, and if you prefer your own company that will be fine too. From the U.K. two weeks does make the most sense. Since I travel from Canada, my experience is based on a one week trip. I might be more inclined to do excursions if I were there for two weeks.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All by myself......

Thanks all, I am really tempted.

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All by myself......

Well usually the cost for the second week is only about 50% of the first week's cost since they don't have to fly you down again on the second week. It's hard to advise someone based on your own likes but I go solo for two weeks twice a year from Canada. One of those trips is to Cameleon Villsa Jibacoa which is next door to the Breezes.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All by myself......

I have met singles at BJ who travel with a group called Solo. If you dont want to travel by yourself take a look at it. I have met people from England several times in November who were with Solo.

Mississauga, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All by myself......

Dont worry people are always friendly - Specially Canadians.

Reply to: All by myself......
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz del Norte
Recent Conversations