We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gators??

Which Bacalar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Gators??

I was informed there are no gators in the lake. I recently read a post that mentioned "gator trails" near the shore.

Can someone advise me what's up?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,442 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gators??

I often stay at a Mexican friends home on the lagoon and they have had the house for 30 years. They tell me no gators--and I believe them. We swim off their pier day and night and its great. I prefer Bacalar over most any place in the Yucatan for swimming and boating.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,442 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gators??

Of course, in that area would most likely be crocs and not gators. But none of those either.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gators??

Thanks Robert!

Croc's, gator's.....anything that wants to take a chunk out of me, I don't want to swim with!

I sure wish this forum was a little busier. I'd love to read a trip report or two.

4. Re: Gators??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Bacalar