We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

Which Bandos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

If yes? what are the timings and price thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

Hi

I'm not aware of a regular ferry service to Kuda Bandos. I believe you would need to charter a boat to take you, but I may be wrong.

SL

london
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

We was there in 2008 and was two daily trips except Friday`s.

You can have a private dinner on Kuda beach highly recommended. They dug holes in the sand in a shape of a love heart with candles in them looked stunning. Nice 5 course lobster dinner last about 3 to 4 hours with a moon lit cruise around the island to finish off the evening. The Snorkelling is quite good around this sister island too.

Hope This Helped

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

Hi mashedup

That's useful to know. Were there many locals on the island when you went, and were you subject to the usual restrictions re alcohol and dress? Did you arrange the dinner yourselves, or was it a trip arranged by your island? Also did you have to get to Male yourselves to catch the ferry, or again was it organised? If you arranged it yourself, how did you do this?

Sorry for so many questions, but really like the idea of this!!

SL

london
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

Hi SL

There was about 20ish people that live there on the island (even had a football pitch). IF I remember rightly they had regular football match on Kuda. Oh and Bandos had 1 room on the Island (small bungalow) as you could stay overnight. Yes there are the some restrictions but no dress code as we sunbathed and snorkelled. The dinner was arranged by Bandos for us. But Bandos is an open island so you do get visitors to the island and met a couple that did the meal as well. This was all arranged by Bandos . Speed boat from male to Bandos the Dhoni to the kuda but that was in 2008 might have changed. Talking to the (guest relations officer) he arranged events for guest and visitors to the island.

I hope this answered some of your questions and thanks for getting me thinking about honeymoon to Bandos great memories and best island we been to so far treat like kings and queens.

I think I got some pictures somewhere I post if I find them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

Hi

Thanks for that. Food for thought!

SL

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,647 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

no ferries from Male/airport direct to Kuda Bandos. I think it is owned by Bandos and they have the monopoly for guests to visit. Boats have 2 trips a day except Fridays when it is only open to local Maldivians as Fridays are their day off. I am not aware of anyone inhabiting the island?

It is presdominantly for snorkelling on Kuda Bandos and it does have a wide array of fish.

I dont remember the room on Kuda Bandos? but then I was prob too busy snorkelling!!

.......AG

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

Hi AG - long time, no see! Good to have you back.

You've confirmed what I had suspected - ie that you have to be resident on Bandos to make use of KB.

SL

london
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

AG is right no direct ferry from male to kudu you have to get speed boat to Bandos but as I stated this was in 2008 things may have changed. We stayed in the WV for last 3 days and met another couple that stayed in the other one for 1 night. They got a speed boat to Bandos and then had the private meal on kuda. They returned back to male next day I guess money talks.

Talking to events guy, Bandos wanted to build WV on KB but they island has building restrictions on it. There are a few people based on the island for security due to its location when we were there.

If you get the chance to go well worth it Great Island we went 5 times loved it. Check out U Tube for footage on island.

Sorry if my first post was not clear this post is wine free :)

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,647 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

Hi SL! def long time no see!

Hi Mashed....agree with you, def worth going to Kuda Bandos just for the snorkelling.

........AG

london
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a ferry from Male going to Kuda Bandos?

Hi Active girl think you helped us out in the past on info on other islands :)#

Snorkelling on Kuda is very good hence we went 5 times, well 4 snorkelling the wife would not let me bring my night snorkelling gear on the romantic dinner (i tried). So many batfish and rays also nice live coral.

If you are close to Male I would contact Bandos to see if you can arrange trip well worth visit.

Get answers to your questions about Bandos