We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep?

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep?

Can anyone confirm if there is a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep? A trekking company has this on their itineary but I can't find that there is one that exists on the Yeti website.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep?

Hi

At Gorak Shep there is a lodge called Yeti Resort but I don't think it's connected with any whee else.

scoodly

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep?

The resort you've mentioned is a mountain guest house, nothing more. The accomodations in Gorak are really basic ;-)

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep?

Agree with 1

But the accommodation available at Gorak Shep is now as good as anything available above Namche Bazaar – Not exactly 5 Star but considering Gorak Shep is at almost 5200m, More than adequate.

Good Luck and Happy Trekking

Rob

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep?

If you are talking about the Yeti Chain Resorts then they are not existed in Gorakshep. There is a small lodge in Gorakshep called Yeti Lodge which can not considered as a resort.

Enjoy!

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep?

Thanks for the help. I was just trying to distinguish between the accommodation that a trek company has provided as there are indeed the 'Yeti Resorts' which are part of the chain and it confused me when I couldn't see the Gorak Shep lodge on the website of the Yeti Resorts. It explains why. I've now found some pictures and whilst is is not the quality of the 'Yeti Resorts' it looks fine.

Thanks for the help. Finally almost sorted accommodation in Kathmandu, our trek company and Chitwan accommodation out so that's a big relief. I'm sure there will be lots of other questions to come before October, but for now I can relax and plan our other holiday in August!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep?

You are lucky that your agency gave you the names of tea houses. I do not even know what to expect. All I can say is,please do not expect anything! Need not to know so much about how clean is the blanket or how hard is the mattress. At times, you have no water to even brush your teeth! Cos the pipes are frozen!!!

Go with an open mind and you will enjoy more. You will then have good laugh and memories. Same happened to me!! Good luck!

7. Re: Is there a Yeti Resort in Gorekshep?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:16